- Posted: 10 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are looking for a new team member to join our manufacturing team as a Machinist.
We offer a competitive employment package:
- 12 Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Medical — Dental — Vision
- Tuition and Training reimbursement
- Skill development
- 401(k) match; 100% vested
- Free retirement and investment planning
- Employee recognition program
- Wellness programs with $ incentives
- Health Screenings
- Employee engagement activities
Choose an organization that is willing to invest in you.
- Our Machinist use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Set up and operate machine tools, such as CNC Lathe, CNC Mills, OD Grinders, ID Grinders, and Surface Grinders in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Monitor, control, and modify path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tools.
- Plan workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part. Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made. Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately. Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- May be required to layout some work to perform operations.
- Perform any and all operations required on any parts for specific machines.
- Store and maintain tooling. Will be asked to perform other task within, and outside area as needed.
- Maintain good record keeping for mating of spindles and bearing.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude and its application to machine tools is essential.
- Ability to program machining equipment, such as lathes, mills and grinders.
- Write/modify programs in response to problems.
- Complete calculations, such as dimensions and tolerances of materials.
- Examine and assess completed units to detect defects; ensure conformity with specifications.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of tooling for turning, boring, grooving, drilling, and tapping.
- Candidate must have previous experience with manual, NC and CNC machining techniques and processes.
- Verifiable experience as a machinist.
- Candidate must be familiar with automated tools and CNC machines, such as lathes. Knowledge of Mazak and Mazatrol preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, manuals, and schematics.
- Ability to take accurate measurements with specialized tools, such as calipers.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential.
- Must be a creative, organized, hardworking self-starter with a willingness to learn.
More about Fives, Inc.
The High Precision Machines Division of Fives specializes in the design and supply of various types of machines for numerous markets such as Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Rail, Shipbuilding, Energy, Space, etc.
The division has approximately 1,700 employees worldwide working in about 20 locations in Asia (Japan, Korea, China), Europe (France, Italy, UK, Germany), and North America (USA, Canada, Mexico).
Its offer ranges from machining, turning, milling, composite processing, laser welding & cutting, additive manufacturing, grinding, cutting tools and abrasive wheels, to filling machines and sealing systems. High Precision Machines also offers a range of services to support its customers throughout the life cycle of their installations.
Check out our webpage https://www.fivesgroup.com/high-precision-machines/grinding-ultra-precision to learn more about we do as an organization.
Fives Landis Corp.
16778 Halfway BlvdHagerstown, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?