At FiveStar Gourmet Foods, Inc., we love food! It’s in our DNA, and inspires our remarkable creativity and innovation.
FiveStar Gourmet Foods was founded in 1998 with the goal of becoming a revolutionary large scale food provider, and we have been providing innovative food solutions ever since. We have succeeded by continually exceeding our client’s expectations for exquisite food and extraordinary customer service. Our Mission is to be the premier provider of Fresh and Frozen Foods to retail, school and foodservice channels, to provide exceptional value and better-for-you food solutions, which improve the quality of life for our customers, and to provide a work environment where our associates thrive and can fulfill both their personal and professional goals.
Are you passionate about food? Are you creative and resourceful? Are you looking for a stable company that feels more like a family than a job?
FiveStar Gourmet Foods of Florida invites you to explore the opportunity to join our growing team! We are seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance Technician in our state-of-the art facility in Naples, FL . The ideal candidate will meet the required qualifications and possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to excel in this position.
Maintenance Technician Job Description
Summary: The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Tasks/Duties (not all inclusive):
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
· Minimum of 4 years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
· An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
· Ability to work in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
· Strong, logical decision-making skills.
· Must be able to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
· Exhibit Initiative, sense of ownership and accountability.
· Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company.
· Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail; results driven
· Technical Capacity.
· Ethical Conduct.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· Must have the ability to work in cold temperatures.
· Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
· Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· Must have ability to walk, bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach and climb.
· Must have the ability to see and handle product, machinery, and hand tools; includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.