IT Enterprise Architecture Director
- Expired: March 31, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Five9 provides businesses reliable, scalable, and secure cloud contact center software designed to create exceptional customer experiences, increase agent productivity, and deliver tangible business results.
We are driven by a passion to transform contact centers into customer engagement centers of excellence. Since 2001, Five9 has led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud.
We are looking for an IT Enterprise Architecture Director. This person is viewed as critical to connecting our growth strategy and stakeholder experience with the business operating models and technology required to deliver on that promise. You will enable business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization.
You should be a team leader with the right combination of tactical and strategic execution. You have built teams and new capabilities. You bring deep experience defining and implementing Enterprise Architecture as an essential capability for strategic decision making in a fast-paced environment. You leverage superior analytical, collaboration and influencing skills to work with all levels of management and their teams to help shape Five9's next generation. You are both a leader and a hands-on contributor. This position is based out of our headquarters in San Ramon, CA.
- Understands business vision, develops and evangelizes evergreen multi-year architecture / technology roadmaps
- Creates business architecture models that reflect strategies and goals
- Establish current state architecture and assessment practices for the development of future state architecture and roadmaps for achievement
- Provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of IT architecture to effectively enable the corporate business strategy
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions' architectural initiatives
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction
- Establishes and oversees the IT architecture team and extended teams, including the recruitment, development, and career growth
- Leads programs that create, maintain, and govern the enterprise architecture across the organization
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains
- Leads the EA review board and ensures that the solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models
- Defines, explains, and advocates technology strategy
- Develops and communicates IT architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Promotes the Enterprise Architecture process, outcomes, and results to the organization and senior leadership
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making
- Facilitates the IT Enterprise Architecture governance processes
- Manages exceptions to IT architectural standards at an enterprise level
- Leads teams in developing technology plans
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities
- Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture
- Develops and executes a communication plan for IT architecture at the enterprise level
- Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends
- Collaborates with project management and IT leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements
- 10 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations
- Experience managing a team, guiding and mentoring staff; demonstrating servant leadership and building strong team culture through everyday interactions
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Expert working knowledge of business processes for Cloud business capabilities like go-to-market, customer experiences, finance processes, employee experiences, and operational efficiencies
- Self-motivated, energetic, excellent interpersonal, organizational, conflict-resolution skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Experience presenting to C-level executives
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- High degree of flexibility, independence, initiative, and detail orientation
- Ability to present complex ideas in easy-to-understand language
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful Bishop Ranch Business Park in San Ramon, CA.
AddressSan Ramon, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Five9