At this time, we are seeking a Registered Nurse Staff Educator/Supervisor to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to provide and/or develop facility educational programs (orientation, mandatory/ongoing in-services).
- Utilizes regulations, practice guidelines and job descriptions to design, plan and provide educational programs for all shifts and departments.
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of the in-service educations programs of this facility.
- Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Coordinator in developing and implementing a quality assurance program for in-service training.
- Develop, direct and schedule refresher training as necessary, for assigned staff and licensed professional personnel.
- Remain current on new developments by attending professional institutions, reading professional journals and attending professional seminars.
- Attend and participate in relevant professional associations activities and programs
- Keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the administrator.
- Maintains current records of classes and content of in-service programs conducted, attendance and performance of facility employees.
- Conduct and maintain nurse aide training program (if provided by the facility).
- Serves as charge person in the facility in absence of higher-ranking management.
- Maintains current knowledge of facility practice guidelines and state/federal regulations.
- A Registered Nurse with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing preferred
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired