Location: Forwood Manor is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 250 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.
*JOB DETAILS :
At this time, we are seeking a Nursing Manager to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises nursing care provided by nursing assistants, licensed vocational/practical nurses and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibilities may include:
- Interviews, recommends hires and (trains employees.)
- Plans, assigns and directs work.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and clinical expertise required to effectively supervise all nursing activities in the facility or the units to which assigned.
- Reviews and implements all nursing procedures and systems relative to the unit(s).
- Promotes and protects resident's rights; assists residents to make informed decisions; treats Residents with dignity and respect.
- RN, management or supervisory experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Current state license to practice as a nurse.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to communicate orally and through written reports and other documents relating to Resident, staff and others. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical journals and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Ageility Physical Therapy Solutions. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Ageility’s rehabilitation services include outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient rehabilitation, and personal fitness.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status, and any other status protected by local, state and/or federal laws. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.