Foulk Manor North is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 160 units offering independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's care, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key function satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key functions.
- Institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a resident's condition and/or prevent complication.
- Makes daily resident rounds to interview physical and emotional status and to implement any required nursing interventions.
- Responds to resident and family concerns and ensures that each concern is documented and a resolution is initiated or communicated to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Obtains report from nurse he or she is relieving, provides report to nurse coming on duty and keeps the charge nurse or others (as appropriate) informed about the status of residents and related matters.
- Current Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing
- 2-4 Years of experience required
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Ageility Physical Therapy Solutions. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Ageility’s rehabilitation services include outpatient rehabilitation, inpatient rehabilitation, and personal fitness.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status, and any other status protected by local, state and/or federal laws. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.