Jr. Director of FP&A
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the Director of Financial & Operational Analysis, you will research, develop, and execute on initiatives that will drive
the business based on organizational goals.
What You Will Accomplish:
• Research, analyze and provide financial input to assist with strategic business decisions, such as potential
acquisitions, major capital investments, and significant new product projects, ensuring the projects are aligned
to financial goals.
• Review and analyze the assigned Business Units’ financial data/metrics and operational activities to ensure a
thorough understanding of the businesses to help develop and/or provide recommendations for projects that
will improve business performance.
• Assist with the financial integration of acquisitions, new product lines, etc. to ensure financial data continually
represents the current state of the business.
• Research, analyze, and prepare accurate and reliable consolidated estimates, reporting, and forecasts
compared to budget, and prepares summations on business performance along with recommended actions to
ensure financial goals are achieved.
• Monitor and manage data trends/changes in the business environment, including agricultural commodities, key
material input prices, to provide guidance to senior management that will help drive the business.
• Research and analyze market/competitive intelligence, including government sources and information about
key customers, suppliers, and peer companies, to provide a summation of the competitive climate and markets
that will also help guide the business strategy.
• Education: BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, with an MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
• Experience: 5+ plus years of financial analysis experience in a large corporation with multi-business units in a
manufacturing environment preferred, with M&A process exposure. Public accounting experience would also
be a plus
• Functional Skills: Excellent strategic abilities in market/financial research with the ability to
consolidate/analyze data and develop forecasts/recommendations/action plans that will help drive business
performance. Experience in strategic planning, SWOT analysis, and developing a Key Driver Action Plan;
Solid financial background in the areas of manufacturing finance and costing; extensive budgeting/ analytical
skills with experience handling investment proposals, strong attention to details and thoroughness are also
required in this role
• Technology Skills: Excellent Excel skills, and solid familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems, query tools
and report writing are required. A working knowledge of Oracle Fusion, would be a plus
• Leadership/Behaviors: Natural curiosity – eager to dig in and understand the business; Willing to ask
questions and solicit feedback; Flexible, adaptable, and versatile; a proactive decision-maker with excellent
written and verbal communication skills are key to being successful in this role. Must be also have a solid
ability to use sound judgement on a very diverse set of opportunities. Strong ability to listen, learn, and
facilitate Continuous Improvement and buy-in with a team.
• Culture Match: Energetic, assertive, high-integrity, team player, who can conceptualize to create results and
is also collaborative and can effectively interact with all employee levels of the organization is key (Sales,
Manufacturing, Corporate Management, etc.)
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
Reports To: CEO, with heavy interaction with CFO
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 9 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends & OT required (when applicable); 50 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: None
Travel: Approximately 20% (domestic and international)
Five Star RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunities for career growth with a brand that possesses strong values and a clear company vision.
Top-notch employer with excellent benefits and a great culture.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Five Star Recruiting