Now Hiring a Stewarding Manager for High Volume Resort!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate daily with management team to ensure any questions are answered or concerns addressed. Ensure that all subordinates are following their job description and SOPs on a daily basis.
- Oversees all aspects of the stewarding department. Confirms periodic and annual performance reviews are completed for all stewarding staff.
- Maintains inventory of China, Glass, Silver, kitchen smallwares and equipment in all food outlets; adjusting pars when needed.
- Maintains all nonfood storage and requisition out to venues as needed
- Works closely with the Chef’s department and all room managers in order to assure quick and efficient operations of each restaurant outlet.
- Maintains employee records, attendance tracking sheets, checklist and daily reports. Confirms necessary staffing levels are met and maintain within the budgeted labor cost.
- Delegates tasks to department and ensure job requirements are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Order chemicals and maintain necessary inventory and supplies
- Provides oversight for safe working conditions in BOH operations; ensures all employee injuries or accidents are investigated and reported in a timely manner in accordance to policy.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all applicable Health Department, IHS, FDA and OSHA codes & policies; reviews reports of any violation(s) of codes and policies; participates in all Gaming, IHS and all other inspections as needed.
- Perform walk through inspections of kitchen areas and complete noted checklists.
- Ensures Executive Steward submits recap reports to F&B Director and Executive Chef following all regulatory inspections with resolutions and or recommendations for all issues cited by inspectors; follow up on all cited issues from any inspection to ensure all issues are rectified in a timely manner.
- Directs all venue daily shift inspections to ensure all venues are in compliance with inspection policies. Oversees the maintenance of Food & Beverage policy manuals to ensure compliance.
- Oversees the repair process following inspections and whenever needed repairs are identified, ensuring they ae completed in a timely manner.
- Directs the partnerships with supply, maintenance, and repair companies to ensure all areas of Food & Beverage operations are functioning properly and fully equipped at all times.
- Oversees the budget and procurement process for all Food & Beverage, FOH and BOH, equipment and janitorial maintenance ensuring purchases stay within budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical/Business certification in related field preferred.
- Continuing education college coursework preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing high volume, multi-unit hotel, casino or food service establishment kitchen as Assistant Executive Steward level or above required.
- Must possess advanced knowledge Kitchen operations, F&B equipment, kitchen facilities maintenance & repair, janitorial operations and Food Service & production operations.
- Must possess advance knowledge of Health, Gaming, FDA, IHS and OSHA regulations and codes in regards to all aspects of Food & Beverage operations.
- Possess advanced skill level in hands–on training of staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related computer programs
- Maintains acceptable attendance record and arrives at workstation at scheduled time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising and supervision.
- Able to lead and mentor a team
- Working knowledge of cost controls.
- Self-directed and promotes an environment of accountability.
- Must possess understanding of Union Labor Law and Contracts.
- Must possess knowledge of all types of commercial kitchen equipment.