At FiveStar Gourmet Foods, Inc., we love food! It’s in our DNA, and inspires our remarkable creativity and innovation.
FiveStar Gourmet Foods was founded in 1998 with the goal of becoming a revolutionary large scale food provider, and we have been providing innovative food solutions ever since. We have succeeded by continually exceeding our client’s expectations for exquisite food and extraordinary customer service. Our Mission is to be the premier provider of Fresh and Frozen Foods to retail, school and foodservice channels, to provide exceptional value and better-for-you food solutions, which improve the quality of life for our customers, and to provide a work environment where our associates thrive and can fulfill both their personal and professional goals.
Are you passionate about food? Are you creative and resourceful? Are you looking for a stable company that feels more like a family than a job?
FiveStar Gourmet Foods of Florida, Inc. invites you to explore the opportunity to join our growing team! We are seeking qualified candidates for a QA Lab Technician/QA Technician. The ideal candidate will meet the required qualifications and possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to excel in this position.
Five Star Gourmet Foods, Inc. ensures that all employees carrying out work that can affect product quality and safety are adequately qualified, trained, instructed and supervised commensurate with their activity and are demonstrably competent to carry out their tasks. All employees are responsible for food safety and quality. All staff is briefed to report any food safety or quality concerns.
This is a full-time, 8:00 PM - 4:30 AM position that requires the incumbent to be able to work flexible hours for the shift to start and/or end 2 hours earlier or later than scheduled to meet business needs; will need to work Saturdays.
Primary Responsibilities (Related to the Lab):
- Perform food laboratory and microbial lab.
- Microbial data analysis and generate trend reports.
- Carry out Shelf life testing and study for new products
- Routine Sensory Analysis of ingredients and finished products.
- Carry out routine Product hold and test procedures
- Conduct routine Environmental Listeria swabbing and Testing Procedures.
- Weekly inventory and ordering lab supplies
- Calibration of lab equipment
- Collect COA’s and follow up with supplier to receive COA’s prior to receiving.
- Participate in various special projects as instructed by Supervisor.
Primary Responsibilities (Related to Operation) :
- Routinely conduct internal audits and assures employee compliance to GMP guidelines.
- Ensure control of Allergens and compliance with Allergen Control Program.
- Ensure Organic segregation and compliance with Organic System Plan.
- Routine verification of batch samples against specifications.
- Routine verification of all raw materials against specifications.
- Coordinates equipment sanitation and swab testing on production equipment.
- Conducts daily weight, metal detector and seal checks of the finished product.
- Carry out routine Critical Control Point and Critical Quality Point monitoring and controls measures.
- Carry out routine Control Points (CP’s) and Quality Points (QP’s) monitoring and control measures.
- Oversee production lines for all procedures and specification requirements.
- Report raw material and product quality issues and work to resolve issues and implement corrective action.
- Perform ongoing shipping and receiving procedures for quality and food safety inspections.
- Report to Supervisor in case of any non-compliance observed during shipping and receiving of products and ingredients.
- Notify purchasing department in cases of shortage or rejection of deliveries.
- Maintain Shipping and Receiving records on file and input data electronically.
· Must have knowledge in Food Safety
· 2+ years of experience in the food industry
· Must be flexible with schedule
· Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
· BA in food science is a plus
Competencies & Abilities:
· Problem Solving- Think ahead when information is not always available- use all your senses and resources as tools. Understand the relationship between issues and processes and use logical reasoning.
· Communications- Exhibit honest and clear communication for effective teamwork. Treat everyone equally with respect- listen to others and make them feel valued.
· Time Management and Organization: Organize and prioritize your own actions efficiently and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. Be flexible and react favorably to multiple priorities and changing schedules and daily assignments. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and focus on actions.
· Team Commitment: Handle conflict in a mature manner. Establish trust with coworkers. Encourage team collaboration. Understand the people and departments you connect to. Support team decisions.
To be the premier provider of Fresh and Frozen Foods to retail, school and foodservice channels. To provide exceptional value and better for you food solutions, which improve the quality of life for our customers. To provide a work environment where our associates thrive and can fulfill both their personal and professional goals.