Field Service Technician
Five Star Equipment Inc Williamsport, PA
- Expired: March 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have an interest in construction equipment? Do you enjoy working on diesel engines or heavy construction equipment? Would you like to have a job that provides a career track for growth while providing job satisfaction knowing you help customers stay in business by keeping their machines running? You can have all of this and more as a Service Technician at Five Star Equipment, Northern PA and New York State’s John Deere construction and forestry equipment dealer. We currently have an opening in our Williamsport, PA Branch.
Five Star Equipment provides ongoing John Deere factory training; modern service vehicles; a complete uniform program with laundering/repair service; shoe and tool allowances; great benefits, competitive salary and a 401k company match.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform preventative maintenance, and minor or major repairs to heavy construction or forestry equipment in the field.
• Possess strong diagnostic and mechanical operation skills. Understands and implements concept of root cause analysis.
• Work in conjunction with the Service Advisor and Service Manager to provide the Service office with machine information including: machine make/model, serial number, hour meter reading, parts/equipment/supplies used during the course of the repairs and notification of any additional repairs required but not completed.
• Responsible for participation and successfully completing mandated training on or off site, or online through John Deere University and other training programs.
• Actively participates in and takes ownership of, the Company’s safety protocols, is aware of one’s surroundings and will wear the appropriate PPE at all times. Reports incidents related to near-miss, accidents or injuries immediately to proper company representatives.
• Informs Service Manager or Service Advisor of non-serviceable tools, equipment or vehicles, in addition to other departmental concerns.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate time cards daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess 3-5 years’ experience in the heavy equipment field as a service technician or mechanic.
- 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting and diagnosing heavy equipment issues on a variety of equipment such as John Deere, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Case CE.
- Must have knowledge of application, operation and function of engine, hydraulic and electric systems, including electrical diagrams.
- Must possess basic tools of the trade.
- Ability to use laptop computer and software applications such as Microsoft Office and Internet functions.
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as work in various demanding environmental conditions.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Five Star Equipment Inc
EngineeringView all jobs at Five Star Equipment Inc