Construction Technology Manager
Five-S Group Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $140,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Construction Technology Manager (CTM) will be expected to perform and manage technology program reviews and initiatives and provide the Project Management Teams (PMT) construction technology best practices, tools, and advice. The Construction Technology Manager will develop industry solutions and provide technology expertise in the collection of innovative tools, machinery, modifications, software, etc. used during the construction phase of a project that enables advancement in field construction methods, including semi-automated and automated construction equipment, identifying and implementing technology on a larger scale, for operating a cutting-edge construction business or increasing productivity on the jobsite. The CTM will contribute to the Project, Estimating, and Services teams by sharing ideas with other staff, and must support critical reasoning with proper firm, industry, and professional standards.
The position requires the exercise of discretion, decision making and independent judgment. The CTM represents Five-S throughout the Southern United States with primary responsibilities in South Louisiana and Texas (“Territory”). The base of operation and office is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Provide overall leadership to researching and implementing construction technology services including:
- Software, Mobile Technology & Apps
- Drone operations
- 3D modeling
- Site sensors
- Construction wearables
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning systems
- Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Robot research and operations
- Autonomous Heavy Equipment
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Set construction technology services goals at the project level related to process, productions, and schedules.
- Able to clearly see, in the landscape of options, the best technology fit for the company—considering price point and plausible return on investment (ROI).
- Refine existing technology processes and assist in developing, documenting, and implementing new technology processes and services for the successful pursuit and execution of projects.
- Resolve competing interests among project participants.
- Produce estimates and product cost analysis for construction technology services and equipment.
- Development of technology proposals and presentations for pursuits.
- Review the development of graphic communication media for clarity and completeness. Edit content where required.
- Manage, advise and train less experienced staff.
- Audit three-dimensional models received from design and project partners to assess project risks.
- Construct three-dimensional models for various purposes.
- Proficient with some of the following: Three-dimensional modeling, drafting, visual scheduling, graphic design, animation, audio/video production, audio/video editing, LiDAR and SLAM capture, photogrammetry capture and processing, UAS/Drone operations, programming/scripting languages, application development, data structure/analysis, and collaboration tools.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO.
- Minimum 5 years’ practical experience in the technology field.
- Collaboration management; critical thinking abilities; oral, written, and graphic communication skills; and knowledge of construction contract documents are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related professional experience.
- Knowledge of construction processes and procedures
- Professional demeanor; Exceptional client service skills
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity
- Must be able to communicate with management as well as with employees of all levels in the organization.
- Travel is required
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments and work under time constraints and stress
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to set a strong example and follow Five-S Code of Conduct as well as be a leader in communicating our ethics and Core Values
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willing to take on a special duty/interim assignment
The Five-S Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Five-S GroupWhy Work Here?
We are a growing company with a great company culture and leadership team.
Five-S is a civil construction firm whose reputation is dynamic services and solutions provider. Whether the job involves performing site prep, drainage, concrete, road construction, constructing levees, remediating or constructing landfills, furnishing materials, or logistics solutions to transport, unload and deliver your materials, Five-S has an experienced project team committed to the excellent quality and reliability our customers’ demands. Five-S Group has also been known to stretch its innovation and portfolio to support the needs of its clients. However, what truly differentiates us from our competitors is our ability to offer innovative, turnkey solutions for site development.
15555 Airline Hwy Baton RougeBaton Rouge, LA
ConstructionView all jobs at Five-S Group