Fit Minds | Mental Stimulation. Meaningful Engagement
Looking for a part-time independent contractor role that serves a greater purpose?
At Fit Minds, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your work matters. Fit Minds provides cognitive stimulation programs to groups of seniors in senior living communities or one-on-one through our Personal Trainer for the Mind TM program. Fit Minds is the premier cognitive stimulation program for seniors. Volumes of research validate the efficacy of cognitive stimulation. Fit Minds’ programs exercise five key areas of the brain ~ visual/spatial, working and long-term memory, computation, critical thinking and language.
Fit Minds offers a superior online training program that takes about 20 hours to complete at your own pace. Once you score a 75% on all five assessments, you are a certified Fit Minds Coach! Fit Minds empowers seniors to learn and thrive through mental stimulation and meaningful engagement. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, our Cognitive Coaches serve as the engine of change that empowers seniors to reach their greatest potential, whether they are healthy or have a dementia diagnosis or advanced Alzheimer’s.
We are currently searching for independent contractor Fit Minds Cognitive Coaches.
● Perform assessment of senior’s base line cognitive capabilities.
● Download customized cognitive exercises to print from your computer to support a senior in completing.
● Log on to computer to enter brief notes after each Personal Trainer for the Mind TM session regarding the senior’s performance and level of engagement within 24 hours of coaching session.
● Lead group sessions to seniors in independent, assisted and memory care communities.
● Interact with residents and maintain resident-centered conversations. Be willing to have a background check conducted.
● Have a clear/concise knowledge and understanding of the Fit Minds Model, Fit Minds Training program and meet its goals, objectives, expected outcomes and reporting.
● Must have a four-year college degree and be able to pass the assessments with a score of at least 75% that are included in the online cognitive coach certification training.
● All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.
What Fit Minds Provides:
· Phone support M – F from 9:00 – 4:00 if you have questions as you proceed through the online training
· Access to our Fit Minds Personal Trainer for the Mind platform that enables you access to novel and complex cognitive content across five key areas of cognition for your clients' sessions.
· Monthly reporting for each of your clients so that they and their family members can monitor cognitive abilities and engagement
● Must own a computer and printer.
· $25 per completed coaching session paid directly to your bank account monthly.