Interior Design Manager
Fisker Inc Manhattan Beach, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
We’re looking for an Interior Design Manager to join our growing team of creative visionaries. Be open to go beyond traditional automotive design and move into the next level of defining the future of automotive interiors. You’ll have the opportunity to create and lead the new interior designs for coming show and production vehicles and be responsible for taking interiors from research and early concept stage, to 3D surfacing, clay modeling, prototyping and oversee development to production. Our ideal candidate is inspired by the future of car design and technology and passionate about creating groundbreaking, futuristic automotive interior designs.
You’ll collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams including design departments, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain in cross-functional teams for implementation of interior design for production vehicles. You’re a lifelong learner and a passionate hands-on designer.
- Responsible for both concept and production interiors of vehicles
- Hands on interior design manager with digital skills in Photoshop, sketching and basic Alias or equivalent
- Manage the development of entire automotive interior from early concept sketch through to production
- Management of all interior design activities and interior design team personnel
- Perform all research and design exploration for new vehicle interiors
- Responsible for project timing and budget of interior design department
- Work closely with design departments, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain in cross-functional teams for implementation of interior design for production vehicles.
- Work closely with suppliers and manage the design process throughout the development to SOP
- Organize professional interior design presentations for development groups and executive management
- Stay current with latest trends in automotive exterior and interior design as well as consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and related design field.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 8 years in OEM automotive interior studios including a leadership/management role
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in transportation design
- Passion for automotive interior design
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology, exposure to CMF concept & production integration
- Forward, innovative thinking for future vehicles
- Understanding of vehicle ergonomic requirements
- Excellent understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development processes, timing and product cycles
- Experience working in cross-departmental teams and balancing design intent with vehicle feasibility
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, project management and presentational skills
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude
- Ability to travel, show passion and dedication to learn and integrate into a modern flexible work schedule.
- Proficient PC or Mac skills - current Office 365: Word, PPT, Excel and MS Project software knowledge
- Highly skilled in 2D digital sketching programs: Photoshop or equivalent
- Skilled in CAS 3D surface and 3D visualization programs: Alias, VRED, Keyshot or equivalent
- Strong leader and collaborator, who ensures the success of others
- You are a curious problem solver who tries to understand a problem to its essence
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to change direction if necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to prioritize duties with minimal supervision in order to meet deadlines
AddressManhattan Beach, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Fisker Inc