Midwest law firm with multiple offices, seeks a full-time paralegal for the Overland Park, Kansas office, with a minimum of five-years legal experience, to maintain case docket and calendar, coordinate day-to-day case management, conduct various document searches and on-line research and investigations. Prepare for depositions and trial working closely with attorneys and clients. Collection of medical and non-medical records and record review, document review and production, preparation of cases for trial in various jurisdictions. Will be required to work closely with litigation team preparing deposition abstracts, client reports, exhibits, files and all support documents.
· Associate/Bachelor degree or five-years of law firm experience
· Familiarity with federal and state court rules/procedures
· Experience with electronic docketing and filing
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Detail orientated
· Highly organized
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) Adobe PDF, Wordperfect, and Westlaw