Barista duties and responsibilities
- Greeting customers in a friendly manner and taking food and drink orders
- Preparing and serving beverages, ranging from simple to elaborate ones
- Preparing and serving food items such as soups, sandwiches, and pastries
- Answering customers' questions about menu choices
- Promoting and recommending menu options to customers
- Taking payment from customers
- Maintaining inventory & equipment by cleaning, troubleshooting and scheduling repairs
- Keeping the work environment sanitary and organized
- Evaluating and modifying processes to improve efficiency and quality of service
- Working to attract new customers and expanding the menu
Barista skills and qualifications
- Listen well and communicate in a professional and friendly manner
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Practice basic safety procedures with respect to equipment and handling hot beverages
- Be efficient and organized
- Build good relationships with customers
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Keep supplies replenished to minimize downtime
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have knowledge of retail sales, dell operations, computers and mathematical skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak and read English is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances (changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, emergencies, or technological developments) change.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Drug Free Workplace.
Fisher Island Club