- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a hospitality professional with experience in Culinary and have a love for hospitality and genuinely exceeding expectations? Would you like to further your hospitality career in an upscale resort environment with breathtaking views? If so, please read on! Fisher Island Club is looking to hire a full-time Baker.
This position has a competitive wage, depending on experience. All eligible full-time regular employees are also offered great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401 (k) retirement savings plan, holiday pay, vacation time, paid time off (PTO), short-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, free parking, and free meals. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you to dive deeper into the hospitality industry, consider applying to join our exceptional team today!
ABOUT FISHER ISLAND CLUB HOTEL & RESORT
Accessible only by ferryboat or private yacht, our boutique property is comprised of a collection of just 15 graciously appointed historic and reimagined cottages, villas, and guesthouse suites that surround the now-iconic limestone and marble Vanderbilt Mansion mere steps from the beach, pool, spa, restaurants, and marina. Our private membership-only club boasts a beach club with one of the country's only genuinely secluded beaches, a 15-room all-suite luxury hotel, an award-winning championship golf course, 17 tennis courts, 4 pickleball courts, two deep-water marinas, a variety of casual and formal dining venues, a spa, a salon, a fitness center, the Vanderbilt Theater, an aviary with over a dozen exotic birds, and an observatory for stargazing. No other Miami resort or hotel offers the type of world-class luxury and 5-star level of service that we do.
It is the superior service and attention to detail that our staff provides to our residents, members, and hotel guests that distinguishes us from other private clubs. That's why we consider the health and well-being of our staff members to be one of our highest priorities. In addition to competitive wages, we are pleased to offer a variety of excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
COOK IJOB DESCRIPTION
Place of Work: Bakery and all support areas
Job Overview: Cook 1 must be able to plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to all menu items supplied by their perspective kitchen. Cook 1 must display a level of competency in all types of cooking such as creaming method, anglaise method, biscuit method, brioche methods, gluten development techniques, proper proofing techniques, meringue techniques (all three meringues), basic understanding of chocolate tempering, basic understanding of lamination techniques, basic understanding of gelling agents and hydrocolloids, scaling recipes, and all with excellent speed and efficiency. Shows the highest initiative to get tasks completed to the chef’s specifications in a timely manner, employee will be able to follow established recipe and plating guide provided, to exact specification and approval of Chief Baker, and Executive Pastry Chef. Maintain and organize their station and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion to meet the Chef’s expectation. Maintain and contribute to a positive work environment
Report to: Chief Baker and Executive Pastry Chef
Key Relationships: Internal Kitchen staff, stewarding staff, Food and Beverage Service Staff, Purchasing Department, Storeroom, Catering and Engineering.
External: Hotel Guests and visitors.
Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and or abilities, to perform this job successfully.
1. High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. 3 years experience in culinary field
3. Ability to communicate in English with guest, co-workers and management.
4. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
5. Must pass with satisfactory results, a cooking demo for the chef.
1. Culinary college degree
2. Food handling certificate
3. Sanitation Certificate.
4. Ability to communicate in multiple languages
1. Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
2. Ability to prioritize, organize and execute work and follow through with assigned tasks
3. Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
4. Ability to work well under pressure.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
6. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
7. Contribute to the growth and success of the team.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Always have a notebook to write recipes, procedures, and prep lists with.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees.
- Clearly communicate using professional language
- Daily communication with Pastry Sous Chef(s) and Executive Pastry Chef. Discuss operational status, special attention arrivals and /or special attention guests with dietary/allergic restrictions, kitchen status (equipment repairs, cleanliness, and special needs projects), kitchen morale, suggestions of ways to improve member experiences through new food offerings and ideas to drive revenue.
- Daily communications with stewards to ensure kitchen is running at the highest possible sanitary standards.
- Give and log daily, weekly and monthly projects to the stewards for areas of concern.
- Constantly pushing self to learn more about food service through books, magazines and dining out.
- Set a professional example for other cooks and team members.
- Ensure a complete washed and sanitized kitchen is passed over to the next shift.
- Ensure stewards have followed their daily, scheduled cleanliness of walk-ins, lines and general area of stewarding and kitchen.
- Daily line checks with team members ensuring quality and shelf life of product. Responsible for utilizing product through alternative outlets to minimize product loss.
- Closely monitor portion sizing to ensure consistency.
- Assist Supervisor in maintaining all logs and checklists for State and Internal audits.
- Responsible for assisting with updating recipe books with proper procedures.
- Thorough check of all walk-ins to ensure proper storage and rotation.
- Expert in plating using proper service ware.
- Participate in shift line-ups, informing F&B staff of specials and menu items no longer available.
- Ensure storerooms are in excellent condition, maintaining/delegating maintenance when necessary.
- Keep par items ordered for dry storage and produce walk-in.
- Intermediate Level of Decorating, Finishing and Garnishing Desserts/ Pastries
- Has a working knowledge of most recipes that are being utilized in the bakery.
Equal Employment Opportunity - Drug free workplace
Fisher Island Club
AddressMiami Beach, FL
RetailView all jobs at Fisher Island Club
Get fresh BAKER jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.