The primary purpose of this position is to ensure proper review, timely processing and communication of all disbursements to Contractors, Vendors and Member/Owners in accordance with Fisher Island Club, Inc. policies and procedures. Candidates MUST have Accounts Payable Experience.
*LOCAL(MIAMIAREA) CANDIDATES ONLY*
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely payments to vendors, contractors, members and associates in order to maintain a quality relationship within the Fisher Island community and ensure vendor satisfaction. Responsible to provide Club management with timely expense and cash disbursement information needed to manage their respective departments and to efficiently manage cash flow.
- Embrace and utilize the philosophies of the Fisher Island Club, Inc. when dealing with members, guests, employees and vendors. Among other things, these philosophies include a friendly, service oriented outlook and maintaining high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper office attire and name tag when working.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fisher Island Club, Inc. standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the Club.
- Comply at all times with Fisher Island Club, Inc. standards, policies and procedures to encourage safe and efficient Club operations.
- Analyze and maintain all vendor communication and correspondence including, but not limited to, reviewing and processing invoices and disbursements, preparing various reports, monitoring critical payment lists, verifying vendor statements, etc.
- Monitor AP aging to ensure payments are processed according to credit terms.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of Fisher Island Club, Inc. approval levels, expense reporting procedures, employee relocation disbursements, expense chart of accounts usage, and other policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain purchase order systems which include a listing of open PO's for goods received yet not invoiced, filing, notification of PO discrepancies, etc.
- Organize, store and file all AP disbursements with appropriate backup.
- Reconciliation of food and beverage purchases.
- Reconciliation of receiving logs with the appropriate personnel on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state use tax regulations.
- Be cognizant of rebate and payment program requirements to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the timely processing and payment of travel agent commission.
- Ensure the timely processing and distribution of rental management checks.
- Initiate preparation of IRS 1099 & 1042 forms and filing thereof at year end.
- Keep supervisor abreast of any unusual events and/or deviations of policies or procedures with associates or vendors.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing their solutions.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships amongst employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Assist with other duties as required by management.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers by operating basic applications (Windows, DOS, Microsoft Office application (i.e. Word, Excel etc.) as well as ability to learn software applicable for performing tasks of AP.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment (10-key calculator, telephone, copier, printer, fax machine and other office equipment).
- Must be able to analyze and convey information and ideas clearly and concisely with management, colleagues and vendors.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations, maintaining composure at all times.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and maintain a high level of concentration and focus.
- Must be willing to handle problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data, and mathematical functions.
- Must be willing to listen, understand, clarify and resolve the concerns or issues raised by co-workers, vendors, members and guests.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other accounting functions and Club accounting related areas.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- 2 years prior experience in a similar position is required.
- Must have a high school diploma with an emphasis on math.
- Experience within the Club or Hospitality environment is preferred.
- College courses in an associated field are helpful.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.