Tack Truck Driver - Class A CDL
- Posted: 28 days ago
Fisher Industries is a vertically integrated family of businesses that encompasses all aspects of the aggregate and land development industries. Our goal is to provide innovative products and sustainable solutions for the world's infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at www.fisherind.com.
The Class A Tack Truck Driver will be responsible for the operation of the Asphalt Paving Tack Truck, self-propelled broom, and labor duties. These duties should be carried out in a safe and effective manner under the supervision and direction of the asphalt paving superintendent and foreman. This position may include day or night shift work, travel, and overtime and weekend work up to the DOT maximum hours of service.
- Operate asphalt tack truck and maintain refill, quantity measurement, inventory and refueling duties
- Operate several types of asphalt paving equipment including; rollers, broom and skid steer when tack operation is complete
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor
- Performs general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas
- Perform daily pre and post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities
- Maintain an accurate and timely driver log
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all DOT and company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement or the ability to acquire endorsement is required
- Valid DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate is required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test is required
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Fisher's Company Vehicle Program policy is required
- Extended out of town travel/work will be required
- Night-shift work may be required
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email email@example.com to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Together, the Fisher Industries team employs over 1,000 aggregate processing professionals throughout the Dakotas, Arizona, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming. We pursue challenges and have a reputation for successfully tackling the tough jobs.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Fisher Industries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?