Project Office Assistant
Fisher Industries Blythe, CA
- Posted: April 24, 2021
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at .
Blythe Project Office Assistant is responsible for overseeing all project level accounts payable and associated clerical functions. This position is located in Desert Center area. The project office assistant will lend clerical support to the project and construction managers and other functional operations team positions. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the Office business operation. Key skills include the ability to analyze data and reports as well as efficiently enter data into RMS system. This position will need to work 7AM to 4PM (schedule may vary 1 hour either way, based on project/management needs)
- Assist with development and management of general electronic folder organization and document naming conventions for documents that will be developed and utilized over the course of a construction project including, but not limited to, Architectural Documents, Contract Documents, Pay Forms, Lien Releases, Insurance documents, Field Reports, Financial Control Reports, Inspection Reports, and project closeout.
- Collect cost coding comments from Project and Construction Managers and enter all invoices and payment applications into accounting software once approved.
- Assist with development and management of logs required to manage and report the contents of various folders, with emphasis on invoices and payment applications for approval.
- Collect, manage and keep updated all subcontractor Certificates of Insurance.
- Receive and distribute subcontractor payment checks as directed by the Project and Construction Management teams while managing all lien waiver documents associated with payment of work performed to subcontractors.
- Provide oversight and monitoring to ensure project level Document Controls procedures are followed in a prescribed uniform method.
- Provide administrative assistance with management and safeguarding of projects Petty Cash fund.
- Answer phone, take and forward messages.
- Assist in processing both incoming and outgoing mail.
- Route memos and correspondence to proper people.
- Arrange travel, hotel, and rental car reservations.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software and databases.
- Provide administrative support to Project and Construction Management teams
- Work closely with HR Department in maintaining proper onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Process Payroll Timecards.
- Maintain and order all office supplies.
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all OSHA and company policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years of senior level administrative experience preferred.
- 2 years of document control experience required.
- Notary Public or willing to obtain notary public certificate.
- Experience assisting with heavy civil projects is required.
- RMS proficiency is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Fisher's Company Vehicle Program policy is required.
- Attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills is required.
- Experience with process management and improvement.
- Experience with project management platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable with strong ability to be a collaborative team member.
- Knowledge of office and business routines.
- Must have prior experience with Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and good knowledge of email and internet.
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather. conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, and rain
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and government background check is required.
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fisher Industries