General Laborer (Arizona Drilling & Blasting Division)
- Posted: May 20, 2022
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction industries. Our unique, vertically integrated business model allows us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For additional information about our company, visit our website at .
This position will work under the Arizona Drilling & Blasting Division of Fisher Sand & Gravel, Co. The Laborer is a safety sensitive position that is responsible for general laborer duties at the operation and perform tasks involving physical labor. This position requires the willingness to travel to the job site locations and to lodge near the job site. Position requires ability to pass a Federal Firearms background check to assist in the handling of explosives and also requires the ability to pass a criminal background check to gain access to government worksites.
- Extensive overnight travel
- Work as a part of a crew focused on safety
- Assist as required in all manual labor aspects of the project as directed by supervisor
- Perform physically demanding construction duties
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Frequently Carrying items or objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to get to and from work is required
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Fisher's Company Vehicle Program policy is required
- M.S.H.A. 5000-23 certificate part 48 or willingness to obtain certification - company will pay for certification
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and physical
- Must pass a Federal Firearms background check
- Must pass government background check to gain access to government job sites
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, rain, and snow
- Ability to repeatedly walk up and down steep and rough terrain carrying construction materials
- Punctuality is required
- Must be a team player who is willing and able to learn
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. The email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
ConstructionView all jobs at Fisher Industries