Office Administrator - Construction
- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
We are seeking an office manager for a high-end residential remodeling company. The candidate we need will have at least 5 years of experience running an office. We are also looking for someone who is a good communicator – you will often be the first contact for most clients. You must be comfortable handling high-end clients in a discrete manner.
Candidate must be organized, good at time management, and a self-starter. Candidate must also be comfortable with reporting to two different department heads. Communication and teamwork are key, as is the ability to speak up without arguing. This is a small company so all team members opinions matter.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with some work in human resources, marketing, and accounting. Candidate should be comfortable with the Microsoft suite of products, QuickBooks, the Adobe suite, and other general computer functions. Knowledge of CRM software for construction greatly appreciated but not required.
This job is hybrid work, but you will need to be in the Northern Virginia area, as you will be required to go into the office at least twice per week and may, at times, need to go to client’s homes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the construction and design departments by coordinating communication between departments, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Place and track orders for construction materials
- Help put together packages for contracts with clients – to include, but not limited to: gather information and help to build estimates, gather and record client selections, and manage design to production schedule utilizing excel and CRM software.
- Take lead calls/emails and follow up.
- Manage marketing package including end of the year client appreciation gifts.
- Manage intake of new employees and subcontractors, where necessary.
- Oversee and submit permits to the county.
- Manage the schedule including scheduling meetings between clients and primaries.
- Keep track of the design to production schedule to include where we are in the process for each project.
- Manage warranty tracking.
- Gather, organize, and label invoices.
- Run once-per-year insurance audit.
- Keep all licenses and memberships up to date including tracking continuing education.
- Act as a check on spending when construction projects are underway by comparing budget actuals to the estimate.
- Manage and send invoices to clients.
- Sit in on contract client meetings as a secondary note taker.
- Manage final walk-through with client.
- Schedule and track inspections.
- Perform other office duties to include but not limited to: ordering supplies, tech support, running errands, setting up returns, ordering design samples, and setting up dealer accounts.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft office and Adobe suites. Knowledge of QuickBooks and a CRM software nice but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented, and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of estimating/budgeting and cash accounting.
- Some knowledge of marketing and human resources would be helpful.
- Knowledge of the remodeling industry a strong plus.
- Familiarity with construction plans a strong plus.
- Nice, but not required: Spanish language skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, marketing, or another related field.
- At least 5 years of experience running an office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with learning other computer systems including Adobe, QuickBooks, and CRM software.
- Strong communication skills, professional appearance, ability to work well with a team.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid environment. 60% will be at home, computer provided, the remaining 40% of the time will be at the office or meeting with clients.
- Please have job-related references at the ready if selected for an interview.
We provide full dental and 50% on health care.
Fisher GroupMcLean, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.