- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What does a Sales Manager do at Fisher Barton?
As the Sales Manager in the Sales department within the Corporate business, your goal is to provide sales leadership, direction, and support to the Vice President of Global Sales. Responsible for the management of Territory Sales Managers, Inside Sales and Customer Service Representatives. You will play an essential role in helping build and maintain our “One Fisher Barton” centralized sales and organizational approach. You may also be responsible for an assigned sales territory.
You can expect to:
- Lead our territory sales, inside sales and customer service representatives’ teams to perform at the highest level with full accountability for results
- Deliver business results that exceeds our sales and profit targets by collaborating with business unit leaders, business development, and key account teams
- Assist the VP of Global Sales in transforming our territory sales, inside sales and customer service representatives teams into a high performing and results-oriented team
- Sales Territory responsibility in assigned territory
- Help to transform Fisher-Barton’s market persona from commodity product seller to trusted solution partner
- Contribute to the Marketing process in alignment with developed sales plans
- Provides overall leadership on day-to-day direction, coaching, training, mentoring and ensuring performance issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Works with direct reports to develop annual goals, and completes periodic performance assessments
- Ensures direct reports adhere to policies, programs and understand company’s core values
- Works to resolve escalated customer issues or inquires, maintaining composure and professionalism even when dealing with difficult situations
- Lead initiatives related to acquiring new business from applicable accounts
- Develops and provides team sales reports, KPI, presentations or data as requested
- Lead Process Improvements/Continuous Improvement initiatives to drive effectiveness for the teams
- Establish, document and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the team
- Ensure that the Territory and Inside Sales teams maintain accurate information and notes in ERP and CRM systems
- Works closely and productively with operations and cross functional teams to resolve issues in timely manner
- May perform other duties related to the department as assigned, including special assignments
You will do this by:
- Understanding the market/customer/competitor dynamic and executing a growth strategy in the identified market verticals
- Developing and aligning Territory Sales Manager, Inside Sales Reps to identify and meet the business objectives with a focus on cross-selling and team-selling
- Working with the VP of Global Sales, identify the best-fit prospective markets for Fisher-Barton and establish annual strategic and tactical sales plans to expand into them
- Providing monthly/yearly detailed and accurate sales data and forecasts
- Implementing sales reporting tools including SalesForce.com and establishing clear performance measurement processes
- Creating and promoting employee participation, accountability, teamwork, and a continuous improvement environment
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Responsibilities and impact may crossover technical fields/functions.
You are the kind of person who is:
- Passionate about sales
- An analytical problem solver and critical thinker
- A driven and strategic leader with a focus on talent management and accountability
- A great listener, speaker, and team motivator
- Successful at building relationships cross functionally and at any level of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years field sales experience selling products to OEM’s and/or aftermarket customers
- 5+ years of experience developing and leading an inside/outside sales team
- Experience with pricing and incentive plan design
- Experience with channel/program development, management and marketing communications
- Experience working with global customers and distribution
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Experience working with a CRM program
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Experience working with engineered metal products for the Agriculture, Turf, Forestry, Construction, Energy, Recycling, Corrugated, Medical and Transportation Industries
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience in the development of global aftermarket and distribution sales channels and strategies
- 20% Monthly - Locally, Regionally, Nationally
- Office and Manufacturing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5200 Zenith Parkway, Loves Park, IL
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Open PTO
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- And more!
Who we are:
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcome and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.
AddressLoves Park, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Fisher-Barton Inc.