Fisher-Barton Inc. Sun Prairie, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Production Supervisor on the Industrial Team, your goal is to supervise manufacturing production employees. This includes planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures and recommending improvements in production methods, processes, equipment operating procedures and working conditions.
You will do this by:
- Balancing quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve company and production goals.
- Ensuring the production of parts conform to quality standards, blueprint specifications and routing requirements.
- Coordinating with maintenance for repairs on equipment to minimize downtime.
- Managing department performance measures and provides feedback and regular progress reports.
- Interviewing and selecting personnel for assigned Value Stream(s) or department.
- Supervising assigned employees, including; administering, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations, work schedules, merit increase recommendations and disciplinary actions.
- Effectively and respectfully working to train, coach, develop, and motivate employees to meet performance standards.
- Performing accident investigations and participates in the resolution of safety issues. Conducts monthly departmental safety inspection tours and meetings and takes corrective action on discrepancies noted or discussed. Accepts the company Safety and Loss Program. Assumes responsibility for the safety of personnel reporting to this position and enforces all safety rules and safe practice requirements.
- Proactively communicating with other leaders on all production activities and ensuring continuity of processes and work between shifts.
- Maintaining and completing required paperwork and documentation accurately and on time.
- Participating in training programs as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Responsibilities and impact may crossover technical fields/functions.
You are the kind of person who:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills and willingness to respectfully lead and direct the team in partnership with other supervisors and Plant Manager.
- Approachable to all levels (associate through management) and seen as a role model to others
- Ability to maintain tact and composure even when faced with difficult circumstances or situations
- Possess strong internal drive for results, is a self-starter and able to manage competing priorities effectively
- Resourceful in resolving day to day issues or questions that arise for associates.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) or more years supervisory leadership experience required.
- Five(5) or more years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient knowledge of PC applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of applicable measuring devices.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in a machining or fabrication environment strongly preferred
Physical | Visual Demands:
- Weight amount that would need to be lifted, pushed or pulled: Up to 35 pounds routinely
- Sit, Stand, Walk, Reach with Hands and Arms 100% of the day
- Loud (Examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth moving equipment)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: 515 Progress Way, Sun Prairie, WI
Shift/Hours/Days: 1st Shift, Monday – Thursday, with overtime as needed on Friday's and Saturday's
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 12 days Paid Time Off minimum to start
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- And more!
Who we are:
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcome and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.
Monday through Thursday - hours to be decided with manager. Ability to supervise overtime on Friday's and Saturday's.
10 hour per day, Monday - Thursday with ability to supervise overtime on Friday's and Saturday's.
AddressSun Prairie, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Fisher-Barton Inc.