Position: Senior Wastewater Process Engineer/Project Manager Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Senior Wastewater Process Engineer/Project Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation with 14 regional offices and more than 450 staff members. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck s services and integrated project approach. With the technical capabilities and understanding to take even the largest projects from initial concept to completion, we are a hands-on, design-oriented practice at heart. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Fishbeck is seeking a Senior Engineer for a leadership position in the management and design of wastewater treatment projects. The duties will be performed in a team environment which consists of staff of varying experience levels that are in multiple office locations. The position offers the potential opportunity to transition into team leadership and market sector leadership roles. This opportunity is best suited for candidates who possess a strong technical background, a proven record of client interaction, and the ability to plan and manage the design efforts. Essential Functions
- Management of projects, from concept through construction.
- Preparation of studies for facility master planning, alternatives analyses, feasibility studies, and preliminary engineering reports.
- Coordinating with staff from multiple design disciplines.
- Development of design documents and specifications, and obtaining construction permits from regulatory agencies.
- Managing and mentoring project staff.
- Making site visits to wastewater facilities to pursue project leads.
- Participation in the preparation of qualifications and proposals.
- Involvement in trade organizations (MWEA, WEF, etc.)
Minimum Physical Requirements
Exposed to occasional lifting and carrying. Will have normal office working conditions and be required to sit and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and maneuvering around project sites for attending client and project meetings and site observations. Able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation. Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science
Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field. Master of Science in Engineering preferred.
Desired Job Experience
- Registered Professional Engineer. Michigan registration preferred.
- 15+ years of primarily wastewater process experience working with local and regional utilities. Michigan experience preferred.
- Strong technical experience in wastewater facility planning and design.
- Project management experience.
- Self-motivation. Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to confidently interact with clients and potential clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.