Medical Materials Manager
Fish Pond Surgery Center Ltd Waco, TX
- Posted: 28 days ago
- $41,000 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts vendors to obtain required equipment and supplies.
o Maintains current files, records, and catalogs for equipment and sales representatives who service surgery centers.
o Researches information and vendors to locate specialized equipment requested by the Medical Staff and approved by the governing body.
o Meets with vendor representatives to review new items available and pricing changes.
- Maintains proper levels and timely distribution of inventory.
o Places orders for requisitioned items according to Facility policy.
o Verifies that orders are delivered and in place as needed.
o Supervises receiving area to maintain security.
- Reviews surgery schedule to identify inventory and equipment required.
o Reviews surgery schedules to anticipate unusually high or low demand for supplies.
o Informs supervisor of requirements for special procedures.
- Maintains systems for collection and maintenance of records and documentation of supplies, equipment, and systems.
o Reviews all invoices for accuracy by coordinating packing slips and purchase orders.
o Maintains current order and back order files and records; reviews to determine delays.
o Monitors back orders; communicates with accounts payable to facilitate accurate payment.
o Reports discrepancies to supervisor before payment of invoices.
o Maintains records of current warranties and preventive maintenance requirements and contracts.
o Maintains logs of linen supplies.
o Maintains supplies and records for bio-hazardous waste management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Experience in material management required.
- Computer experience required.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
Fish Pond Surgery Center Ltd
601 W Hwy 6Waco, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Fish Pond Surgery Center Ltd