Human Resources Associate Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Associate Generalist (Minneapolis, MN)
Fish & Richardson, the premier global intellectual property law firm, is trusted by the world’s most innovative and influential companies. Fish was established in 1878, and now has more than 400 attorneys and technology specialists in the U.S., Europe, and China. Our success is rooted in our creative and inclusive culture, which values the diversity of people, experiences, and perspectives. Join Fish’s downtown Minneapolis team in our fast-paced Human Resources Department as an Associate Human Resource Generalist.
How Will You Make a Difference?
- Develop and consult with Director of Human Resources on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation; manager and employee education; and public relations for the HR department within the firm.
- Provide staffing support to internal clients that includes assisting with workforce planning, selection and placement, preparation of job descriptions and facilitating the staffing requisition system.
- Assist with administrative staff performance review process, including, but not limited to, answering user questions, ensuring data integrity, and running reports.
- Provide compensation and benefit services to the HR department, which includes competitive salary administration assistance (market pricing and internal equity reviews) and progressive bonus programs to attract and retain workforce demographics.
- Administer firm personnel policies, including developing new policies, updating the handbook, and suggesting changes to existing policies.
- Oversee firm-wide bank of job descriptions, including working with the Generalist team and firm managers to develop new descriptions and keeping current descriptions up-to-date.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources and the Generalist team to provide high level “hands on” consulting and coaching to firm managers in a variety of HR-related areas including, but not limited to, organizational conflict, problem resolution, employee performance issues, coaching tools and fundamentals, retention strategies, employee separations, etc.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training programs to ensure firm managers and employees are continually developing their skills.
- Participate in research efforts to develop programs that are conducive to team development across the departments and the firm. Implement employee programs to further develop employee/firm relationships.
- Assist with projects such as survey participation and analysis, work authorizations and applications for foreign workers, responses to requests from various unemployment agencies, employment verifications, corporate compliance reports, etc.
What Will You Bring to the Table?
- Strong knowledge of human resources at a level normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a closely related field, technical training, or equivalent professional experience.
- Approximately 1-3 years progressive human resources experience in a professional services environment.
- Ability to change and adapt to current and future responsibilities and circumstances. Organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills while demonstrating initiative and independent thinking. First-rate interpersonal skills necessary in order to build and maintain effective relationships and assist in conflict resolution with a diverse group of partners, attorneys, managers and staff either in person, via telephone or e-mail.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate information with diplomacy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality and assisting in conflict resolution.
- Ability to successfully work independently as well as to develop quality team relationships and to work well within a team-oriented environment, whether leading or contributing to department initiatives.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Working knowledge and prior experience using HRIS and performance management applications required for data entry, research, and reporting.
When you join our team, we offer:
- Competitive pay with a rich benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement
- Award-winning retirement and profit sharing plans with employer contribution
- A family-friendly atmosphere with back-up child care, as well as health and wellness initiatives
- This position has a hybrid telecommuting schedule with time split between working at the office and working remotely.
Fish & Richardson
Get fresh Associate HR Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.