Data Warehousing Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Lead BI Analyst or Data Warehousing Business Analyst
Location: Houston, TX - Onsite
Duration: 6-12+ Months Contract
The Lead BI Business Systems Analyst is responsible for a wide array of activities, including:
- Representing the product owner in the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise BI reports and analytical solutions. Guide BI application developers and data engineers on the translation of business requirements into technical specifications and development of data sources, reports, and dashboards.
- Partner with business SMEs to elicit requirements to meet business needs, and decompose them into documented agile user stories. This may include guiding business users in best practices, recommending options they did not know to ask for, and asking follow-up questions to understand the underlying business problem.
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and working analytical solutions using designated BI development tools, potentially leveraging multiple reports and data sources.
- Serve as BI SME and primary point of contact to the business for an assigned set of subject areas.
- Manage the relationship between the BI team and key business stakeholders in assigned subject areas, including regular meetings to discover upcoming projects and potential requirements. Actively engage in agile ceremonies and processes, including scrum meetings, sprint planning, release planning, and backlog refinement.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) of IT-developed solutions in both maintenance and project settings. Guide business users as needed on data validation techniques. Work with the BI development team to triage issues that arise during UAT, and follow these issues through to their logical completion.
- Provide training and consultation to business users for self-service creation of ad-hoc reports, dashboards, mobile applications, and analytical solutions. MicroStrategy BI Tool and Informatica Power center knowledge is desired
BusinessView all jobs at Fisec Global