Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms and removing rubbish is imperative. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of needs for repairs and cleaning debris from common areas. Maintaining a good relationship with the residents leads to a positive work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming per the prescribed schedule.
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule.
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures.
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Notify Facility Manager concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order.
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings.
- Attend maintenance cart in common areas at all times. Please store cart out of site while on breaks.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents, co-workers and vendors at all times.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- One year of experience of janitorial, housekeeping or custodial work.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Cleaning equipment
- May require use of ladder
- General maintenance tools if needed
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Position will work in outdoor and indoor environment
- Bending, stretching, squatting motions included
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.