FirstService Residential CA Chino, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Position: Day Porter
Reports to: Facility Manager
Location: Chino, CA
Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms and removing rubbish is imperative.
Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of needs for repairs and cleaning debris from common areas. Maintaining a good relationship with staff, vendors and the residents leads to a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Deliverables)
(Includes the following:)
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them per the prescribed schedule.
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule.
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures.
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Hose, power-wash off or wipe down playground equipment.
- Use blower to blow debris from HOA maintained parks and facilities.
- Clean playground sponge under and around playground equipment.
- Remove graffiti from surfaces as necessary.
- Notify General Facility Manager concerning the need of repairs or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order.
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings.
- Attend maintenance cart in common areas at all times. Please store cart out of site while on breaks.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions.
- Must be capable of being bonded.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Proficient in speaking, reading and writing English as this position requires interfacing verbally with the public, tenants, their peers and supervisors.
- Ability to prepare written reports and complete log sheets.
- Bilingual Spanish helpful.
Excellent general math skills.
Ability to determine next level involvement for problem resolution.
Must demonstrate good judgment.
Ability to think and work independently as well as part of a team.
Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of a valid California State Driver’s License.
Possession of valid state mandated auto insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, with exposure to outdoor temperatures, weather variations, traffic and equipment noise, equipment vibrations, vehicle and/or chemical fumes, chemicals such as cleaning solvents and grease, machinery and their moving parts and dust.
Work duties may require the ability to stand or walk on hard surfaces for frequent and prolonged periods of time.
Work duties may require the ability to work outdoors for an entire shift.
The work environment characteristics are normal maintenance conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional overtime may be required.
Holidays and/or weekends may be required based on business needs.
Consistent and regular attendance required.
Shift to be determined and may change according to the demands of the facility
Some exposure to dust and noise.
Some heavy lifting, standing, climbing.
Work duties may include hauling trash from the Parks to the dumpsters, therefore a pickup truck is preferred.
Appearance must be professional and in accordance with guidelines.
FirstService Residential CAWhy Work Here?
Stable 40+ years old company with lots of career advancement opportunities! We truly care about our associates!
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
15871 Main St. Chino 91708Chino, CA