SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible to provide operation and project support to the FirstService Association Consulting (FSAC) team. In addition this position serves as back-up to the Company Administrative Assistant position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Financial Administration:
- Prepares all FSAC invoices on a monthly basis. Ensures that each invoice is generated, reviewed and mailed in accordance with Corporate Accounting timelines. Reviews all final invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Troubleshoots on all invoice preparation as requested for all contracts.
- Partners with Corporate Accounting and FSAC leadership on all necessary contract change orders.
- Coordinates the billing and invoicing of all consulting time and client reimbursables.
- Prepares a monthly invoice summary, contract component, value remaining, etc...
- Coordinates the implementation of the FSAC Collection Policy. This includes report generation, report monitoring, receivable summary to the consultants, client correspondence, corporate accounting correspondence, follow-up, etc.
- Maintain and update the company database and client list.
B. Administrative Duties:
- Responsible to prepare community guidelines and similar materials as needed.
- FSAC contract administration -- prepares requested contracts and cover letters, tracks in FSAC database, coordinates signatures and mailing, preparation of change orders, preparation of weekly contract and change order reports.
- Maintains client/consultant informational databases as it relates to client service delivery.
- Proof reads all correspondence asked to distribute.
- Forwards all mail, special deliveries (i.e. FedEx, UPS or other messenger services), and emergency items as soon as they are received
- Oversees Consulting phone line and returns phone calls as needed.
- Oversees Consulting team email, including responding and/or forwarding emails in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all Team meetings; Coordination includes:
- Scheduling meetings as requested.
- Preparing agendas, topics, attendees, minutes, next steps, sending meeting notifications, following up with meeting reminders, confirming reservation of meeting location, ensuring necessary supplies and equipment are in place, etc
- Assist Senior Vice President with special assignments such as annual business plan updates.
- Coordinates, schedules, and executes team birthday and holiday celebrations, including office decoration.
C. Business Development Administrative Functions:
- Assists in the coordination, planning and implementation of all industry related/business development functions. Such functions include PCBC, ULI and BIA.
- Assists in the implementation of the FSAC Strategic Marketing/Business Development Plan.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of all FSAC generated service proposals.
- Organizes and monitors a file library for all FSAC client proposals.
- Maintains client/consultant informational databases as it relates to business development and marketing for potential clients.
- Trained as a backup for Department of Real Estate (DRE) budget services.
D. Federal Housing Administration/Veterans Administration HOA Applications:
- Spearheads marketing and outreach initiatives to obtain new contracts.
- Continually updates client list with prospective clients.
- Communicates and coordinates with responsible parties to obtain requested information for application.
- Prepares FHA/VA homeowner association applications and submits to responsible agency.
E. Corporate and Industry Involvement:
- Collaborates with FirstService Residential personnel with regard to policies and procedures affecting shared data.
- Collaborates with FSAC and FSR designated team member(s) on the transition of the "pipeline" to FSR.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, PhotoShop, Adobe/Graphic Design software, PowerPoint, etc...
- Must display strong organizational skills
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a variety of multiple tasks
- Must be able to keep items kept in total confidentiality
- The employee must have access to and consistent use of a vehicle for transportation to client meetings, industry events, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school education.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant or similar position.
- Prior experience in project management.
- Proficient in English.
- Good general math skills.
- Excellent reasoning ability.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California driver's license and state mandated vehicle insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to hear in order to receive telephone calls and voice mail messages
- Must be mobile enough to move around office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, keyboarding in front of computer terminal.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent and regular attendance required.
- Based on business needs, may require attendance at evening meetings.
- Overtime may occur from time to time.