** This job is offering an Overnight Graveyard shift**
This position services residents by providing information and services. The Front Desk Associate must be self-motivated, outgoing, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to identify and organize resources to provide personal service expected by residents. Able work independently and without direct supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
· Must be self-motivated, outgoing, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
· Must meet and greet residents, check guests and service providers in and out.
· Must be able to identify and clarify resident’s needs and desires. Must answer questions and give direction and instructions and develop inventories of services.
· Able to work independently and without direct supervision.
· Anticipates services required by ascertaining mood and style of residents, identifying options, developing itineraries.
· Improves services by obtaining and evaluating resident observations opinions, and criticisms.
· Maintains guest privacy and organization reputation by keeping information confidential.
· Responds to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner.
· Monitors and screens messages.
· Controls access for authorized vendors to provide services within units to the building.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks.
· Enhances department and organizational reputation by accepting and accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Maintains daily log, records and forms.
· Resolves and follows-up on all complaints/issues.
· Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building/property (s).
· May be assigned other duties by the on-site property manager.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
· Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
· Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
· Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
· May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
· Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
· Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
· Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Able to read, write, and orally communicate clearly in English.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong abilities with computers are required (including word, outlook, and excel). Multiple language fluency would be desirable.
· Must be able to understand and be knowledgeable in emergency response and access control procedures; electronic security control systems and logs, records and forms for the property.
· Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
· Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of spoken and written word.
· Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on project requirements. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
· Requires basic math skills and an understanding of basic accounting practices and principles.
· The position also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Should also possess the ability to solve an array of personnel and customer related problems with the end result of positive resident and guest experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
· Must be able to hear to place and receive telephone calls.
· Must be mobile enough to move around the office in order to make copies, distribute mail, etc.
· Must be able to lift 35lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operating hours may be altered to meet client demands.
• Consistent and regular attendance required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We know that every member of our team enhances our success by delivering innovative programs and exceptional service that make a difference, every day, to those we serve. So we are highly selective in recruiting top quality professionals who demonstrate integrity, responsiveness, reliability and above all, a commitment to serving the needs of our residents and communities.
If your commitment to quality and service matches ours, we invite you to review our current career-advancing opportunities and join an amazing team!