Warehouse - Shipping/Receiving - North East San Antonio
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Warehouse Employees are generally responsible for counting, verifying and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material; for stocking and maintaining the warehouse; and for picking, documenting and packing customer orders in accordance with Company policy and procedure. Their attention to detail ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Upon receipt of a vendor shipment or customer return, obtain the packing slip and count and verify material received. Note received quantities and all shipping discrepancies (over-shipments, under-shipments, mis-shipments, damage/shorted freight claim) on the packing slip
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and receive material in the system or, when applicable, forward the receiving documents to the office personnel for data entry
- Identify non-stock, special order material and damaged material and store in proper warehouse locations
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier’s Bill of Lading; initiate freight claims with freight carriers or forward appropriate paperwork to designated employee.
Picking and Shipping Duties
- Pick material for orders, note quantities picked on the shipping document, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up.
- Check picked material against printed ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Complete necessary documentation for customer shipments delivered via third-party carrier.
- Load and unload trucks, operate warehouse forklift and other material handling equipment safely.
- Inform immediate supervisor of stock depletion, count discrepancies, or damaged/defective/nonsaleable merchandise that could impact customer service levels.
- Ensure security and controls are in place and upheld to protect Profit Center assets.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness, order and safety. Remove empty cartons, metal bands, pallets and other debris. Inform immediate supervisor of safety issues.
- Assist co-workers in servicing customers.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Monday - Friday (Some Saturdays if needed)
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- North East San Antonio
- 1604 and Judson area
- $14 Per hour
- Possible Overtime
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.