Production Engineering Assistant Manager
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals, and directing the integration of technical activities. It is also responsible for developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for production engineering and technical work performed in the department. This position serves as Project Manager during implementation of new assignments for the organization. This includes coordinating all internal departments, overseeing and creating design of new machinery and process, as well as serving as the point of contact for the customer. This position oversees the implementation of engineering changes in the process and equipment, to accommodate improvements in the manufactured parts as instructed by customers. A strong educational foundation combined with an applied working knowledge of welding technology is required. This position will oversee a variety of weld cell designs and processes including Resistive, Mig, and Laser. Performs administrative functions such as receiving and writing reports, approving expenditures and enforcing rules. Reviewing, recommending, and approving contracts and cost estimates.
This person will manage production engineering staff, write performance reviews and communicates staff issues to HR. They will be responsible for hiring, promoting, transferring, and disciplining, up to termination, and managing the planning and designing of methods to improve or enhance existing programs. All employees are responsible for wearing all the required PPE necessary for the tasks they are performing and/or the location of the building they are located in.
The Assistant Manager of Production Engineering must participate in system development and strongly enforce FIT policies, systems, standards, rules and safety practices. This position requires regular and reliable attendance to meet production needs. Must be able to travel frequently at times. Other duties and tasks may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5 years minimum of welding and robotics experience
- Problem solving/analytical skills (DOE/5W’s/8D/Pareto)
- Technical/Report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Mitsubishi PLC
- Hands-on experience with electric circuits and pneumatics
- Experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment a plus
- Computer and Computer Software Skills (Auto Cad 2D and 3D, SolidWorks, Fusion 360)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and layouts
- Knowledge on Moto-Man (Yaskawa), Kawasaki, Panasonic Robot is a plus.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of equipment design and function.
- Proven hands-on problem solving and production line/equipment improvement.
- Continuous Improvement tools and Skills (Lean Six Sigma, 5S, PokeYoke, SPC)
- Work/Project Management and Presentations Skills
- Interpersonal Communication and People Skills in a Diverse environment
- Ability to teach others on robots, laser welding and networks
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.