The Customer Service Representative will provide one call resolution to all customer needs. The Customer Service Representative is part of the Customer Service Team and will be motivated and passionate about providing exceptional service to our customers. The Customer Service Representative must be professional and able to work with a variety of people. This individual will provide quality, memorable, personalized customer service that maximizes revenue by retaining customers through individualized care. Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and an understanding of total Customer Service and sales.
Some expected duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide information and education on our existing, new and updated telecommunication service offerings to our customers.
- Effectively assimilates information about products and services to answer customers’ questions accurately, completely and authoritatively.
- Works with the billing system and entering service orders.
- Resolve billing matters with the utmost respect to our customers.
- Accurately maintains billing system.
- Service order processing for new installations, disconnections, changes to existing accounts and moves of service to include Plant Assignment and Provisioning.
- Ability to meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Outbound sales calls to include cold calling as required.
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of all customer accounts.
- Assure with the highest integrity the importance of our customer’s privacy.
- Adhere to the guidelines and regulations set by the MPUC.
- Ability to devise creative solutions when customer problems are unique and require an original approach.
- Ability to allocate time efficiently.
- Handles a high volume of customers effectively.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Willing to meet high performance standards, performance metrics and goals in support of FirstLights’ vision and mission.
- May be required to cover the front desk in the absence of the CSR/Receptionist
- Perform other related tasks as required.
INTERNAL: Maintain effective working relations by working closely with the Customer Service team, Field Service Technicians, Central Office Technicians, Engineering and others. Must establish and maintain an excellent team oriented relationship with all other FirstLight Departments as well. Willing to be a team player and demonstrate consideration for the needs of others.
EXTERNAL: Responds to customer requests for information and assistance, and helps resolve customer concerns with a positive approach.
· Possess excellent customer service and sales skills.
· Enjoys delighting customers.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Has empathy for the customer’s situation.
· Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints, even when handling unpleasant customers.
· Has a pleasant and friendly style.
· Computer skills necessary possessing Word and Excel experience.
· Highly motivated.
· Self-starter and able to work independently.
· Possess excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Flexible and able to switch gears.
· Ability to effectively handle change.
· Willing to learn industry regulations such as Chapter 290, 291 & 292 and other MPUC guidelines.
· Able to work with all types of people and customers.