FirstLight Fiber is seeking an individual with solid Ethernet knowledge and a background supporting Carrier Accounts to join our service delivery and provisioning team! This position offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to be part of a growing dynamic team.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Customer Project Manager is responsible for delivery of complex voice and data service orders over a number of locations and carrier networks, coordinating both internal and external resources to ensure a timely and accurate onboarding experience for the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with customers and/or the customer’s vendors to obtain all required data for customer orders, keeping them informed of work statuses, due dates, and completion.
- Consults with internal sales executives, sales engineers, field technicians, and engineering department to understand requirements of customer orders and update the service order system with information as it is provided. This includes but is not limited to work order status, obtaining access to premises, and scheduling equipment installs.
- Determines the best method of service delivery, based on budgeting restrictions, scope of work, equipment to be used, and technical details of the order.
- Provides status updates to managers and applicable parties, keeping them informed of order progress.
- Identifies process and system improvement areas, making recommendations and implementing quality control procedures.
- Updates and maintains the Service Order System, tracking orders to ensure timely delivery. This may include (but is not limited to) new customer information, MAC orders for existing customers, orders initiated from calls into the call center, Line Translation Detail, assignment records, circuit files, and emails.
- Orders, schedules, and coordinates all number ports (in and out) with appropriate departments, customers, and the customer’s vendors.
- Acts as the first escalation contact for orders that do not go as planned.
- Follows up with customers after delivery of service to ensure that service has been delivered to the customer’s satisfaction and to hand off the project to the service team for future maintenance.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the company.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining a working knowledge of the company network, and reading technical publications.
- Provides functional advice or training to other project managers, cross training to ensure accurate coverage during absences.
- Occasionally works outside of normal business hours to accommodate delivery specifications.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned to support the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
Broad experience in provisioning, scheduling, and coordinating the delivery of voice and data services with a thorough understanding of telecommunication products. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with customers, vendors, managers, and associates, exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure or stressful situations. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Technical aptitude and strong computer skills, with the ability to maneuver through several operating systems. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree and a minimum of five (5) years relevant telecommunications experience.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays and vacation.