Business Development Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FirstLight is seeking a Business Development Representative interested in taking their career to new heights. FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, NY, provides fiber optic data, voice, and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers in Upstate New York and Northern New England utilizing its own fiber optic network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and Data Center Colocation.
Business Development Representatives are expected to cultivate new opportunities by prospecting and qualifying potential customers for an initial face to face meeting with a Senior Account Executive (SAE).
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Hunting and uncovering opportunities with new logo businesses that can be serviceable by FirstLight’s full product suite
- Outreach to prospects to establish relationships and identify new sales opportunities
- Develop a mastery of all FirstLight’s broad portfolio of products and services and connect client’s business objectives with FirstLight offerings and solutions
- Stay abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Partner with sales leaders and Account Executives to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Provide expertise around areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high-level strategies
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to both the internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
Job Qualifications & Preferences:
- 2+ years of successful sales experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- B2B sales experience in a telecom or ISP environment preferred
- Customer Focused: Approaching all opportunities through the lenses of the prospect or customer
- Strategic: Able to prioritize and manage multiple prospects within territory
- Persuasive: Achieves ‘win-win’ positioning, guiding others to change status quo
- Resourceful: Able to overcome obstacles and barriers to find appropriate sales solutions
FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, New York, provides fiber-optic data, Internet, data center, cloud and voice services to enterprise and carrier customers throughout the Northeast connecting more than 13,000 locations in service with more than 125,000 locations serviceable by our more than 25,000-route mile network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications products featuring a comprehensive portfolio of high bandwidth connectivity solutions including Ethernet, wavelength, and dark fiber services as well as dedicated Internet access solutions, data center, cloud and voice services. FirstLight’s clientele includes national cellular providers and wireline carriers and many leading enterprises, spanning high tech manufacturing and research, hospitals and healthcare, banking and financial, secondary education, colleges and universities, and local and state governments.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.
FirstLight Fiber, Inc
BusinessView all jobs at FirstLight Fiber, Inc
Get fresh NEW Business Development Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!