Cook - River Oaks
- Posted: over a month ago
NO NIGHT SHIFTS. EVER. OPEN DAILY FROM 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Join our team!
At First Watch, we know our hourly employees are the ones who make the magic happen. We hire hardworking morning people who are honest, motivated and outgoing, which makes for happy customers. In every First Watch restaurant, we respect each other and help each other out, and we do it all with a smile and a pleasant attitude. All employees enjoy daytime only hours – No Night Shifts, Ever! Oh yeah, and we love promoting from within, so personal and professional development are a big focus at First Watch.
First Watch is an award-winning breakfast, brunch and lunch concept, specializing in unique creations and culture you’ll love. With daytime only hours, our teams benefit from no night shifts, along with competitive benefits and perks.
Yeah, it’s true. We love our employees more than bacon. And that says a lot. Together, we enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment in each of our restaurants.
Location: 3029 Kirby Dr., Houston, TX 77098
What we offer:
- Meal discounts
- Eligible employees can take advantage of our benefits/401k
- “You First” culture
- Growth opportunities – training and development
- Perkspot – corporate perks program
- Zayzoom – On demand pay advances
- Shoes for Crews
- Tip Card
- Company paid Food Handler and Alcohol certifications
- Flex scheduling
- Bridgewise – advance purchase of goods and services
- To properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests.
- To rotate food in walk in’s and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage. Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
- Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies.
- Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- Able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- Follow all policies and procedures of First Watch.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
Job Qualifications Experience/Knowledge:
- Must have basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery
- Basic knowledge of soups, stocks and sauces required
- Must have proficient knowledge of sautéing, culling, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming, and braising
- Must have proficient knife handling skills
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal direction
- Previous prep or line cook experience
- Detail orientated
- Organized and efficient
- Learns quickly and has ability to take direction
- High quality standards for production and service
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work productively with little supervision in a team environment
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
Want to join the fun? Apply today!
We are a franchisee of First Watch & an Equal Opportunity Employer.
First Watch is a well established restaurant concept that has growth opportunities for team members in a full service casual dining restaurnat company. At FirstWatch, you can grow your career with us. We offer great restaurant culinary careers for cooks (concinero / cocinera) who have back of house cooking, chef, saute cook or grill cook kitchen experience in a high volume restaurant environment.
FoodView all jobs at First Watch
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?