We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started" section to take your first step to being a part of First United.The PositionJob TitleCommercial Loan OfficerJob Description
This position is responsible for developing new business through the underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Acquisition, expansion and retention of commercial relationships using a proactive calling strategy.
- Cross-sell ancillary products and services of the bank.
- Analyzes credit history of applicants and determines loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
- Daily review, approval, and disposition of commercial overdrafts.
- Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within the financial institution and makes recommendations to management when necessary.
- Provides assistance and recommends training for new commercial loan officers.
- Develops new customer prospects and business for First United.
- Represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Handles customer complaints and escalates issues as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness in and around work station.
- Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve department.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in commercial banking.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of lending services and related areas.
- Business development experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
- Takes initiative in development and completion of projects.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.All Locations:Sapulpa
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.