First Trinity Lutheran Church Tonawanda, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Church Director (Director of Contemporary Worship)/ Tonawanda, NY
First Trinity Lutheran Church in Tonawanda, NY is looking for a Director of Contemporary Worship to lead and enrich the contemporary worship ministry of the church, as well as the worship volunteers across all services. The Director will work together with the Pastor and team throughout the year to design and plan worship for contemporary services.
This position reports directly to the Director of Attract Ministries and ultimately to the Senior Pastor.
- Provide spiritual care and discipleship to volunteers in your ministry area.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement contemporary worship services, including music, liturgy, and special elements as needed, in coordination with the Senior Pastor, Director of Attract Ministries, and appropriate team members.
- Develop and launch new worship opportunities in coordination with the Senior Pastor, Director of Attract Ministries, and appropriate team members.
- Lead musical elements of contemporary worship encouraging congregational singing and participation.
- Direct the contemporary worship praise band and participate as a vocalist and/or instrumentalist.
- Play at funerals, weddings and other events hosted by the church subject to availability.
- Lead efficient, well-organized, and fun regular rehearsals with praise band to work on music for the upcoming services.
- Work with the contemporary band members to create song road-maps and chord charts for various arrangements.
- Partner with the Executive Ministry Team in order to accomplish the mission and vision of First Trinity in an integrated, complementary manner.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, prayer time, and retreats.
- Support the musical needs of other ministries at First Trinity.
- Maintain relationships with outside groups and organizations that support worship arts.
- Attend workshops and conferences for professional and personal growth
- Maintain effective communication with the Director of Attract Ministries and other constituents.
- Recruit, train, and support new and existing musicians from within the congregation for Contemporary Worship.
- Recruit, train, and support worship volunteers, including ushers, greeters, readers, communion assistants, audiovisual techs, and prayer partners for all worship services.
Instrument, Music and Sound Technology Management:
- Ensure the proper maintenance and care of contemporary worship instruments and sound equipment.
- Oversee copyright compliance.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrates a transformed life and a living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Accepts the Word of God as inspired and inerrant
- Skilled, gifted musician with demonstrated proficiency on appropriate Contemporary worship instrument
- Experience leading contemporary worship bands and ensembles
- Experience with worship in contemporary settings
- Demonstrated working knowledge of contemporary Christian music
- Driven to lead others into God’s presence through worship
- Strong administrative, organizational, relational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
- Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod trained
- Extensive history and experience with Lutheran worship
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field
- Strong vision for new, creative worship opportunities to reach a changing culture
- Experience in the use of technology in worship (sound/audio production software and hardware)
- Two or more years of worship music planning experience
- Two or more years of worship leader experience
- Ability to work with the contemporary musicians of varying skill levels
- Lead quality vocalist
Apply now for immediate consideration!
First Trinity Lutheran ChurchWhy Work Here?
Rich Lutheran heritage with pioneering spirit pushing forward into new and contemporary expressions of our traditional values
Non ProfitView all jobs at First Trinity Lutheran Church