Therapy Mental Health Program Manager - Men's Resouce Center - Sign On Bonus/Cobra Coverage/Relocati
First Step House West Valley City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to be in the midst of real community work? Find a way to make a data driven and valued community impact? Why not work for First Step House, a joint commission accreditted non-profit organization helping people. First Step House has been around since 1958 and is a strong community partner in substance use treatment and mental health. We are on a hunt for a licensed clinician to run the program (details below) and have great pay, benefits, and PTO.
The program manager acts as a clinical services liaison at the Men's Resource Center in South Salt Lake, in partnership with The Road Home's case management services team. This manager will work in partnership with the shelter's case management team to help assist individuals that want help with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The manager's salary is funded by both a grant from The Road Home and a grant from Salt Lake City that uses federal ESG funds that requires proof of a funding match. The program manager will identify appropriate SUD Treatment services, and will assist persons needing preliminary stabilization (e.g. psychiatric care, detox and/or medical stabilization) to obtain it. The manager will occasionally provide crisis therapy and assist with clinical assessment, and will advocate appropriately for the right type of care and the right level of care.
- Coordination with transportation manager regarding vehicle maintenance and mileage logs.
- Oversees transportation of shelter residents for purposes that fit grant parameters.
- Ethical therapeutic engagement of diverse persons (neurodiverse, racially diverse, sexual-orientation diverse, gender diverse, mobility-diverse, etc).
- Management of staff.
- Maintains knowledge of program rules, client rules, client rights, and relevant legal and ethical codes.
- Uses the Utah Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (UWITS) database to enter clinical notes, case-management notes, treatment plans, client information updates, billing information and other relevant client information.
- Uses the Utah Homeless Information Management System (UHIMS) database to enter necessary information required for funding under the federal Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG).
- Uses the American Society of Addiction Medicine's Criteria (ASAM Criteria 3) in recommending client service levels and in formulating treatment and/or preliminary stabilization plans.
- At a minimum, is competent in providing substance-abuse treatment and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Performs regular individual-therapy sessions for clients with substance-use disorders and comorbid mental health issues.
- Maintains knowledge of legal entities/ community partners.
- Oversees peer support responsibilities, including partner relations between FSH and partner organizations.
- Maintains population specific knowledge (SUD, Criminogenic, Homeless Population and Mental Illness/SPMI).
Education and Experience
- A master's degree and an active license as a mental health professional in the state of Utah is required
- Experience working in the mental health field is preferred
This is a full time position with benefits that include:
- Generous paid time off allowance (18 days starting in year one with significant increases each year after)
- Generous holiday policy (15 observed holidays a year including your birthday)
- Group health
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase
- Opportunity for annual bonus
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
Salaried role $65,000 a year minimum
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro