Recovery Support Housing Coordinator - OP Housing
First Step House Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: January 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have a love for recovery/treatment? Want to work with some of the best guys around? Know how to help and support people trying to get thier lives back? Consider First Step House, we are a mostly male substance use treatment facility that has been around since 1958.
We are getting ready to launch and open a new facility that houses our outpatient clients. As a direct clinical services provider for civilian and Veteran residents of a 40-unit Permanent Supportive Housing Complex for individuals with a chronic Substance Use Disorder. This position is responsible for individual sessions, lifeskills classes, group sessions, and case management services for clients suffering from chronic substance abuse and co-occurring disorder.
Job will include but not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison between Permanent Supportive Housing residents and the respective teams at First Step House and the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Coordinates case management and related activities for residents
- Helps oversee compliance with all building and program rules
- Ensures enrollment in and compliance with treatment or community support groups when appropriate
- May provide residents education to individuals and groups concerning alcohol/drug abuse and addiction and Life Skills to support development of client skills, strengths and well-being
- May assist residents with some activities of daily living
Education and Experience
- Experience in the substance-abuse field is preferred
- Substance Use Disorder Counselor licensure preferred
- Open to SSW and other social work backgrounds preferred.
- Salary Range $18.00-$21.00 DOE
This is a full time position with benefits that include:
- Generous paid time off allowance (18 days starting in year one with significant increases each year after)
- Generous holiday policy (15 observed holidays a year including your birthday!)
- Group health
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase
- Opportunity for annual bonus
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.