Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Posted: 12 days ago
NON-EXEMPT JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager, CSR Team Leader, Asst. Customer Officer, Senior Customer Officer, Chief Customer Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner and provide excellent customer service. Assist customers with all types of financial transactions. Open and close deposit accounts. Cross sell products and services that meet customer needs. Look for opportunities to grow new customer relationships. Answer customer inquiries, resolve issues.
- Provide superior service to all customers.
- Accept, verify, and process customer transactions.
- Balance and maintain cash drawer(s) on a daily basis.
- Respond to consumer inquiries, via phone, e-mail or in person. This includes being able to assist customers with basic Internet banking inquiries and card services. Direct consumer to correct personnel if necessary.
- Assist with promptly answering phone calls at your branch.
- Open and close all types of deposit accounts.
- Complete and review file maintenance, if assigned to you at your branch.
- Assist with Bank opening and/or closing procedures.
- Complete all other assigned daily CSR duties.
- Complete all required training and monthly review of CSR procedures.
- Maintain an organized schedule. Be flexible to changes. Work in cooperation with other employees and management to ensure adequate coverage between the branches.
- Easily adapt to working with customers and other employees across all branches. Be eager to learn new tasks.
- Conduct needs-based selling, referring to departments when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit professionalism, including in personal appearance and attitude.
- Provide assistance, information and support to co-workers.
- Provide prompt assistance and information to all customers (internal and external).
- Maintain regular attendance. Report to work on time; adhere to time frames for breaks and lunch.
- Be responsible and accountable for own actions.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Cross-sell company services.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Participate in appropriate training opportunities and in a timely manner.
- Behave ethically. Immediately report any concerns to Human Resources or upper-level management.
- Be alert to surroundings and familiar with all crises procedures, including but not limited to, robbery.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and regulations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be 16 years of age or older. Prefer cash handling experience and/or customer service experience.
- LICENSE, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.: Valid motor vehicle driver’s license or provisional operator’s permit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA’S):
- Working knowledge of personal computer (Microsoft Office products).
- Ability to use general office machines.
- Must be attentive to detail and very accurate.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and other employees.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills, problem solving abilities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Must be flexible, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritize workflow.
- Organizational skills, courtesy, and diplomacy.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to hear well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, and outside bank personnel.
- Ability to read and write.
- Normal daily physical activities to include, walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling.
- Must be able to read reports and use computer.
- Daily lifting up to 20 lbs. (i.e. storage files, coin bags and boxes, cash drawer, office supplies)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors, environmentally controlled. This position may require travel by car to visit other company locations and make on-site customer visits. May require work on evenings and weekends to meet with customers.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?