Assistant BSA Officer
First State Bank of the Florida Keys Miramar, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOOKING FOR A CHANGE?
CONSIDER A POSITION WITH FIRST STATE BANK!
Are you ready for a rewarding career? First State Bank has been a premiere employer for over 60 years. We have over 160 employees, and over 60 of them have more than 5 years longevity with us. We offer a competitive benefits package including profit sharing, 401k, educational reimbursement, health/dental plans, life insurance, holidays, and paid time off for our full-time employees. Enjoy a career that is professional and well respected, one with upward mobility options and a welcoming atmosphere. If you pride yourself on your customer service, if you are reliable, energetic, and dependable, have a great work ethic and want to start a new career, FSB can train you to be part of our exceptional group of employees!
We offer 401K, profit sharing, educational reimbursement, health/dental plans, life insurance, holidays, and paid time off for our full-time employees.
The Assistant BSA Officer is responsible for supervising day-to-day BSA/AML/Fraud monitoring and risk management in accordance with the Bank's BSA/AML Program by helping to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local banking and industry-related laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and FinCEN guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of BSA/AML Program requirements. This includes working collaboratively with BSA analysts, as well as establishing and maintaining effective cross-divisional relationships among retail and support functions throughout the Bank to identify, measure, monitor and report BSA and fraud risks. This position reports directly to the VP, BSA/AML Officer.
- Assists business units in understanding the Bank's anti-money laundering program and procedures
- Oversees the daily, weekly and/or monthly operations of the Bank's BSA/AML program. Assist, when needed, to accomplish time sensitive tasks. Reports to the VP BS/AML Compliance Officer.
- Assist with updating BSA/AML department procedures, risk assessment and policy/program.
- Responsible for managing work schedule. Coach and manage analysts for optimum performance. Update BSA/AML officer as needed.
- Ensures effective monitoring procedures are followed and reports results to the BSA Officer and the BSA Management Committee
- Participates in both money laundering and fraud investigations, by preparing and/or directing thorough documentation of all Watch List cases
- Conducts investigations stemming from assigned alerts, monitors and recommends alert scenario changes /updates
- Ensures BSA monitoring is analyzed on a timely basis and that suspicious activity is promptly elevated to the BSA Officer for possible SAR filing
- Performs annual analysis of CTR exemptions and recommends exemptions
- Prepares Privately Owned ATM annual customer assessments
- Ensures that 314(a) searches are conducted in a timely manner per the requirements of the law.
- Updates Bank BSA/AML customized training programs to reflect changes in the BSA/AML Program; ensures that training is recorded and monitored
- Ensures that subpoenaed accounts are reviewed and that properly documented
- Prepares the monthly BSA Management Committee package and Board Reports
- Assists with reviewing and analyzing activity in high risk accounts and makes recommendations for changes in risk ratings
- Stays current and up-to-date on all developments related to BSA/AML by attending outside seminars and webinars (as appropriate) and by reading updates on current events provided by various professional groups/online services
- Interacts with BSA staff and/or software vendors to ensure that the Bank is current and using software to its fullest capability
- Updates and/or directs the updates for high and moderate customer validations/risk assessments and prepares new ones as needed
- Helps coordinate BSA audits and exams
- Brings expertise in managing the BSA program and assists with evolving to the next level in terms of efficiency, productivity and process improvements
Employees also have a responsibility to understand the Bank's BSA/AML Program, the procedures outlined in it, and to follow the Program and procedures in carrying out their duties. Any employee that fails to adhere to the BSA/AML Program or commits other violations of the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory processes as they pertain to the Bank Secrecy Ac
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong PC and Internet skills
- Exercise a high amount of initiative and judgment when making routine decisions
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Act with Integrity
- Demonstrate sound business ethics and principled leadership
- Develop oneself
- Actively pursue learning and self-development
- Convey a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Shows work commitment, sets high standards, works hard to achieve aggressive goals
- Think strategically, analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, generates new ideas/goes beyond the status quo
- Close visual and mental alertness
- Responsibilities also include other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience working with BSA/AML/Fraud issues and suspicious transaction monitoring
- 2+ years' supervisory experience
- 5+ years' analytical and/or banking background
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master's degree, or equivalent
- 6+ years' experience working with BSA/AML/Fraud issues and suspicious transaction monitoring
- 4+ years' supervisory experience
- 6+ years' analytical and/or banking background
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions include exercising a high amount of initiative and judgment when making routine decisions; subject to regular supervision and direction. Errors in judgment or decision making could result in a loss of organizational time, money, and credibility. Job requires close visual and mental alertness. The employee occupying this position frequently will be required to perform problem resolution, and communicate with both internal and external customers. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 60 percent of the time; frequently operate a telephone, computer, printer, copier and fax machine; and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
First State Bank of the Florida Keys reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employee contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At Will". The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
First State Bank of the Florida Keys
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at First State Bank of the Florida Keys