- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Accountant supports the administration, accounting and tax compliance function for First Rate, Inc. and related entities. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting.
1. Leveraging your U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise and knowledge, lead the team in the production of timely monthly close for assigned areas, oversee day-to-day accounting activities and ensure compliance with internal controls, laws and regulations.
2. Partner with cross-functional teams and participate in the implementation of system enhancements and workflows.
3. Evaluate workflow processes and procedures to develop, recommend and implement procedural and system changes to increase accuracy and efficiencies.
Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of financials for First Rate Inc. for internal and external reporting.
4. Coordinate First Rate Inc. audit, valuation, and tax engagements.
5. Prepare tax returns and ensure compliance in coordination with external tax firm.
6. Work with departments on revenue billing and recognition and work with MDs on forecasting future revenue.
7. Maintain fixed asset records for asset additions, disposals and book/tax depreciation.
8. Reconcile balance sheet GL accounts and others as assigned.
9. Record and manage investments in other companies for First Rate Ventures. Record and implement new revenue processes for business acquisitions from First Rate Ventures.
10. Responsible for managing accounting workflow and acting administrator for company software ERP and forecasting systems.
1. 5+ years’ experience as an Accountant or equivalent required, 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
2. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
3. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance/Business/Taxation required.
4. Strong understanding of US GAAP and application thereof
5. Current and advancing knowledge of federal and state tax laws governing income, sales, property, entity, and payroll taxes
6. Expertise in NetSuite preferred and evidence advanced skills in utilizing Excel and Word applications required
7. Experience required in deadline-driven, multi-tasked, and dynamic environment
8. Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people cross-functionally, including with departments throughout the business having varying personalities
9. Ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure
10. Strong problem-resolution and analytical skills
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including summarization of detailed
First Rate, Inc.
1903 Ascension BlvdArlington, TX
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Tax Compliance Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.