Quality Control Manager
First Priority Manufacturing Ferndale, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical
Local Nutritional Manufacturing Firm First Priority Manufacturing Inc is looking for a manufacturing floor Quality Control Manager. A QC Manager should be a flexible team member who is willing to work with the entire production team while upholding the cGMP and high quality standards set forth in our SOPs and at the direction of the Quality Control Director. Production Floor QC is a job that covers many facets and the right candidate should adjust well to changing conditions using their best problem solving skills to ensure a smooth production flow.
Summary of essential job functions
- Checks physical weights and appearance of all production orders in process rooms, capsules, tablets, powders, inspection, polishing and packaging line.
- Working on the production floor monitoring cGMP compliance, working with workforce to ensure high quality products are released from facility
- Aiding in every part of manufacturing where help of assistance may be needed;including but not limited to inspecting work or assisting on the packaging line to ensure uniform products.
- Works with management team and production floor supervisor instructing and supervising production floor staff, and facilitating communication from upper management to floor staff.
- Approves incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products by confirming specifications and/or laboratory testing results; communicating adjustments to production supervisors and manager
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Problem solves and uses corrective action procedures, making sure entire process is documented during a production run.
- Conducts physical plant audits and documents department audits by completing reports and logs
- Prepare and maintain QC documents; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data.
- Participate in FDA and State Health and Human Service Inspections when assigned
- Reviewing and determine investigations for consumer complaints and returns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understands weights and measurements
- Computer skills
- Detailed oriented with high degree accuracy
- High independent working skills
- Teamwork skills
- Must have a nice demeanor and easy to get along with many different people from various backgrounds
- Must be able to wear cGMP PPE for entire shift, lab coat, shoe covers, hairnet, face mask and use latex or latex free gloves throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to effectively communicate between management, quality control staff, sales representatives and manufacturing staff
- Experience in Quality Control, or another Detailed field required.
First Priority is large enough to provide the inventory and production capabilities you need, along with the quality assurance you demand, but small enough to know your name, your product, and how to personally serve your needs.
First Priority ManufacturingWhy Work Here?
Great employee based company! We do everything we can to keep devoted workers happy.
First Priority Manufacturing is a privately held family company of professionals who have been in the business of alternative medicine, and nutritional supplements since 1988. First Priority is large enough to provide the inventory and production capabilities you need, along with the quality assurance you demand, but small enough to know your name, your product, and how to personally serve your needs.
2681 Delta Ring Road FerndaleFerndale, WA
ManufacturingView all jobs at First Priority Manufacturing