- $43,000 to $45,700 Yearly
Children and Youth Ministry Department
Reports to Assistant Pastor of Children & Youth
Supervisor of Nursery Coordinator, Preschool Coordinator, Summer Staff, and lead volunteers for Preschool, Nursery, Elementary, Kids Alive, Midweek programs and summer programs
Position Schedule: Full time, 40 hours, including office hours, Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings required
Position Status: Exempt, Ministerial
Develop and direct First Presbyterian Church Fresno’s ministry to children from newborn through sixth grade.
• Facilitate the development of a culture that embraces children as part of the church community.
• Supervise the development & implementation of all Children’s ministry programs and teams.
• In partnership with the Children’s ministry team, choose, develop and implement age appropriate, Bible based curriculum that introduces children to a personal relationship with Jesus and promotes growth in transformational faith.
• Create a Children’s ministry team of volunteers including their recruitment, screening, training & supervision.
• Effectively communicate the vision, share stories of God’s faithfulness, and express
opportunities for service to parents, staff, and congregation.
• Develop, evaluate and implement regular outreach and discipleship events.
• Encourage and Equip parents as they lead their children to be Gospel centered.
• Implement and oversee the child protection policies required by California.
• Participate in all weekly meetings (Staff Leadership Team, Staff prayer, All Staff) & regular supervision meetings.
• Create and oversee an annual budget for the Children's ministry that provides adequate resources to sustain ministry.
• Ongoing evaluation of all Children’s ministry programs and activities.
• Equip children to regularly participate in evangelism through sharing the good news of Jesus.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of Scripture and a vibrant relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, evident in both the personal and professional life.
• Strong commitment to evangelism and discipleship of children.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or credentialed teacher with teaching experience preferred.
• Full time experience leading a children’s ministry in a Christian education setting preferred.
• Proven ability to recruit, train, and supervise adult volunteers.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• In agreement with the doctrinal and moral stance of First Presbyterian Church, Fresno and EPC (epc.org).
Enough physical stamina to navigate classes held on at least three different levels.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitude and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum level of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Hire contingent on completing First Presbyterian Church, Fresno safety procedures, which includes a Live Scan and Driver's check.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume.
First Presbyterian Church of Fresno, California is a 570+ member church in the heart of Central California.
In Fresno as it is in Heaven
In response to the grace and sacrifice of Jesus, our mission is:
To know God not to know of God (Mark 12:30); to actively invest in our relationship with Jesus as friend and savior (Phil. 3:10); to worship and praise God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Luke 4:8); to obey God and to put God first in our lives (John 14:23).
Building caring relationships where we work, live and play as we share the hope of life with Jesus (Matt 9:35-38). We act on opportunities to serve those within our spheres of influence (Matt 22:37-39).
Leading ourselves and others to increasingly submit all of life to the Lordship and empowering presence of Jesus. (John 1:12, Romans 10:14-15, Matt 28:19, 2 Peter 3:18)
Pursuing reconciliation in all relationships (2 Corinthians 5:18): with God, ourselves, others, and creation (1 Thessalonians 3:16). Bringing wholeness and peace to all of life for individuals (Romans 14:19), as well as our city and world (Jeremiah 29:7) through the love, hope and sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7).
OUR CORE VALUES
First Presbyterian Church has been around a long time. None of us were here as the church was birthed in the late 19th Century, but we still carry on the vision that those earliest church members had to impact our city with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our campus is located in the heart of Fresno, downtown, but the people of First Presbyterian Church come from neighborhoods all over the Fresno area. Every day we’re seeking to be the community of Christ in our homes, our neighborhoods, our workplaces, and our community.
We believe in the authority of Scripture and are Reformed in our theology. We are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC/epc.org). Our desire is that every person in our church body is welcomed, has the opportunity to experience personal forgiveness through Jesus Christ, and has a place to serve and worship.
We are prayerful, committed, Christ-loving believers with a long history of “hands-on” ministry and caring for one another. We are committed to developing the gifts of our congregation to better serve the Lord in our church and community. We embrace God’s call to make disciples wherever we are, in our daily living here and even to the ends of the earth. We support many mission and personnel at home and abroad. At First Pres, we long to have a vibrant culture of evangelism and wait expectantly for God to lead us into deeper faith and a new understanding of how He wants to work in and through us.
First Presbyterian ChurchFresno, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.