Project Manager - Travel
- Expired: October 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a national emergency response restoration and general contractor specializing in the return of compromised property to their pre-loss condition. We work with our clients to restore their properties. Our team restores commercial, multifamily, hospitality, educational properties from water damages, flood, fire, smoke and natural disasters.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A RESTORATION PROJECT MANAGER
As a Restoration Project Manager, you coordinate, assign, and manage your team to successfully complete projects. Your great organizational skills allow you to manage or supervise multiple projects at one time. With the Project Director, you analyze the scope of work and the budget to accept or reject based on actual conditions and adjust as needed throughout the project.
With your outstanding leadership skills, you manage, support, and assist Project Supervisors. You prepare the schedule for the project and oversee Project Supervisors in scheduling the work of subcontractors. Your determination to make sure that projects stay organized, under budget, and on schedule is essential to your success. You take great pride in your work and enjoy coming to work every day.
- Overall management of the project
- Work with the Project Director to understand, evaluate, and execute the Scope of the Work
- Analyze the scope of work and the budget to accept or reject based on actual conditions
- Review and adjust the budget based on actual costs to perform work
- Notify the Operations Manager when there is a risk of a project not meeting the expected budget, gross profit margin, or schedule
- Prepare a schedule for the project and direct Project Supervisor(s) with scheduling the work of subs to accomplish the scope of work
- Manage, support and assist Project Supervisors
- Solicit, receive, and approve proposals from subcontractors to perform work
- Evaluate and communicate the need for change orders to owners and subcontractors
- Prepare reports, documentation and other job-related administrative documents
- Arrange for permits as needed
- Work with Project Supervisors to resolve problems as discovered
- Create and maintain job activity paperwork and jobsite inventories
- Act as a liaison with Project Directors, Clients, Subs, and in-house personnel
- Follow and enforce all policies, procedures, and regulations as dictated by the company, state, and federal entities
- Fill in as needed when additional responsibilities/tasks need to be completed, depending on priority
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
- Computer literate; MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal code applications and how to determine code requirements
- Knowledge of industry policies and procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost control
- Ability to set and monitor goals
- Ability to maintain controlled authority
- Communicate well, verbal and written
- Perform in a way that best represents the standards and interests of the company
- Have high standards of professional conduct with Clients, Subs, and in-house
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Minimum 5 years experience in the restoration industry, with experience/knowledge in water, flood, fire, smoke, mold, and asbestos remediation
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Crisis-management skills
- Conflict-resolution abilities
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- The position is NOT 8:00-5:00, Monday through Friday - We operate in Emergency Services
- Travel throughout the US 100% of the time is required
- Likely requirement of extended travel during certain times of the year
- Valid driver's license required
- International travel potential, passport required
- Due to the nature of the work, often the job sites will be dirty, possibly cold or wet and sometimes unsanitary. Every effort is made to protect our employees through the use of PPE and other safety precautions
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 50 lbs. or more
- Able to stand without accommodations (assistance) for long periods (up to 8-10 hours a day)
- May encounter hazardous jobsite conditions of all kinds. This is inherent to what we do
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you self-motivated and persistent? Do you have strong professional relationship-building skills? Can you provide great customer service? If so, you may be perfect for this position!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
THE COMPANY offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, PTO days, Paid Holidays, and a 401(k) Retirement Plan.
THE COMPANY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. THE COMPANY will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age; ancestry; childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed; familial status; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status.
Third-party resume submissions are not accepted. Any resume submitted will be considered the property of THE COMPANY, and THE COMPANY will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
THE COMPANY is an E-Verify Employer.
First Onsite - US
Get fresh Restoration Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.