Customer Service Representative/Bookkeeping
- Posted: 6 days ago
This is a full-time position located in Columbus, NE. Hours of work will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. This person will provide outstanding customer service to bank clients. This position requires exceptional attention to detail while performing multiple duties at one time and providing the highest standard of customer service. Primary responsibilities include handling routine financial transactions and ongoing account support.
- Process transactions: deposits & withdrawals, cash checks, account transfers, money orders, and cashier checks accurately and according to established guidelines.
- Apply payments for loans, over-draft protection, lines of credit, and safe deposit boxes.
- Maintain cash drawer within cash limits, and ensure cash is secure at all times. Proof daily work at teller station to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with daily branch balancing, including night deposits, ATMs, ITMs, Cash Recyclers, as applicable.
- Displays an expertise in all FNB products and services and can effectively cross-sell banking products.
- Assist with customer inquiries and direct to proper personnel, if needed.
- Provide customer service for FNB debit cards, online banking and mobile banking.
- Identify large transactions as defined by regulations and follow proper procedures regarding currency transaction reports.
- Educate customers on the use of interactive teller machines and provides technical support while utilizing the video banking technology.
- Follow security and audit procedures to eliminate exposure to fraud.
- Answer bank telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Treat all transactions with complete confidentiality.
- Additional related duties may be assigned as appropriate for the branch.
- Comply with all Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering regulations, bank policies and procedures.
New Account Opening
- Assist customers and non-customers in their selection of available financial products and services such as checking, savings, health savings, money market types of accounts, as well as individual retirement accounts and certificates of deposit.
- Assist business customers with their selection of various accounts and financial services. Requesting the appropriate business and personal documentation required.
- Verifies customer information by following the bank’s Customer Information Program, Customer Due Diligence, and USA Patriot Act according to FNB BSA policies.
- Input and prepare necessary documents for opening new accounts utilizing the bank’s deposit account software.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal, listening, written communication, customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Proficient computer literacy with knowledge of windows-based computer software.
- Bilingual – desired.
- High school diploma or GED
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
First Nebraska Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
First Nebraska Bank
BusinessView all jobs at First Nebraska Bank