Commercial Real Estate Paralegal/Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Commercial Real Estate Paralegal/Legal Assistant is responsible for providing legal support to the Company's attorneys in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and other legal matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing investor documentation and preparing organizational charts for transactions
- Drafting, under the supervision of an attorney, acquisition documents, including operating agreements, consents, manager's certificates, and property level agreements
- Compiling closing documents, including conveyance documents, operating agreements, and tenancy-in-common documents
- Preparing closing documents, closing letters, and tenant direction notices
- Tracking post-closing obligations
- Drafting and revising lease amendments and extension agreements under the supervision of an attorney
- Coordinating with the Administrative Assistant – Operations to obtain proper signatures on closing documents, leases, and other legal documents to ensure timely completion and accuracy
- Forming entities, dissolving entities, tracking annual reports, obtaining corporate good standing and formation documents, and tracking payment of invoices
- Preparing and revising basic default notices to tenants
- Creating closing binders after each acquisition
- Organizing legal drive after each closing
- Formatting and prepping estoppel letters and SNDAs
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the legal department
- Provide backup support to the Administrative Assistant, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate
- 2-4 years' of paralegal experience handling sophisticated in commercial real estate transactions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills, the ability to identify and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment, and the bandwidth to support multiple sophisticated transactions at the same time, across various geographies and time zones
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work collaboratively across various departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and industry related software programs
- Must be a Notary Public or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- This is a hybrid position that will require in-office time at FNRP's headquarters in Red Bank, NJ on as-needed basis; at all other times, candidate may work remotely from home.
GENERAL OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide witness document signing when needed
- Coordinate compilation, execution, and timely and accurate delivery of closing documents in connection with acquisitions and dispositions
- Ensure organization of legal acquisition documents and creation of closing binder for acquisitions and dispositions
- Diligent and timely preparation and delivery of tenant default notices as directed by legal, property management, and asset management departments
Includes both a typical office and home-based office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
A WORD ABOUT FNRP
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that's reshaping the commercial real estate landscape. Our vertically integrated structure provides the #1 option for accredited investors looking to earn superior risk-adjusted returns in the necessity-based retail space. Our trusted relationships with top national-brand tenants give our team game-changing intelligence and maneuverability in the industry, specializing in grocery-anchored properties. Our trusted connections with the largest national brands in the country, and our proven investment criteria, allow us to de-risk investment opportunities and present the best, institutional-quality deals to investors who previously would never have had access to this asset class on the open market.
All of this would be impossible without the unparalleled knowledge and experience of our team members who bring the best of their respective fields to our firm. At FNRP we strive to be a responsible organization that creates value for all our stakeholders alike, including tenants, communities, investors, and employees. Our world-class team is united by the same core values as well as dedication toward FNRP's vision: to create a world where everyday accredited investors can invest in world-class institutional quality grocery-anchored commercial real estate.
Working at First National Realty Partners is unlike anything you've experienced before. We're not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We believe in flexibility, accountability, comradery, and achieving our goals together. Will you join us?
First National Realty Partners
AddressRed Bank, NJ
Get fresh Commercial Real Estate Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.