First National Capital Corporation is seeking a VP of Credit and Capital Markets to support our continued growth in equipment financing
First National Capital Corporation is one of the largest privately held and employee owned equipment finance companies in the U.S. specializing in providing equipment financing and leasing solutions to middle market companies throughout the US and Canada. Additional information may be found at www.firstncc.com
The ideal candidate will be a deal focused professional responsible for syndicating awarded transactions to First National Capital Corporation’s funding partners and strategic investors. The ideal candidate must have a strong analytical orientation and detailed knowledge of the leasing or commercial finance industry including credit due diligence, transaction structuring, pricing, and documentation. This position will report to the SVP of Credit and Capital Markets.
- Responsible for evaluating complex commercial lease and loan transactions for middle market and Fortune 1000 entities.
- Prepare detailed credit analysis, investment memorandums, and transaction presentations for our funding partners, strategic investors and internal Investment Committee.
- Interface with our funding partners and strategic investors to answer relevant credit, collateral, and transaction related questions associated with the placement of a transaction.
- Negotiate pricing and terms & conditions with various funding partners and strategic investors to facilitate the placement of transactions.
- Negotiate transaction documentation with clients, funding partners and strategic investors, as required.
- Initiate and perform various activities within the documentation process to ensure a seamless documentation experience for the customer and equipment vendor(s).
- Research, as required, available databases to identify new debt participants for the placement of transactions.
- Perform the credit and collateral analysis, identify risk factors, prepare the investment memorandum, and present the approval recommendation to the FNC Investment Committee for all transactions being considered internally.
- Analyze customer financial information on a periodic basis for purposes of proactively identifying negative trends and mitigating credit risk.
- Utilize financial structuring techniques to develop alternative structures for transactions requiring credit enhancements.
- Consult with customers, as needed, to: A) assess financial needs; B) facilitate additional financing opportunities; C) resolve customer service inquiries; and D) ensure the customer is completely satisfied with the level of service received.
- Must meet or exceed the VP of Credit and Capital Markets key performance indicators for Funded Revenue, Transactions, and Gross Margin.
- Develop and maintain positive internal relationships with sales, operations, accounting, and executive management personnel.
- Responsible for other duties as required and assigned by the SVP of Credit and Capital Markets.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related major
- 5+ years of commercial credit experience in lease and loan structuring with middle market and multinational lessees and borrowers
- Experience in a leasing company or leasing division of a bank facilitating leasing transactions
- Thorough understanding of the various disciplines and departments within a leasing company
- Ability to establish a positive relationship with external & internal customers, and business partners
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for interaction with customers and potential customers during initial meetings and throughout the credit underwriting & documentation processes
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, manage complex transactions, and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in LeasePlus
- Proficiency with MS Office software and its related applications
FNCC offers the following:
- Competitive salary and commission plans
- Vision & Dental Plans
- ESOP (employee stock ownership plan)
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to grow with a dynamic company into a leadership position
If you are interested in exploring the field of equipment finance and want to develop a career where you are recognized and compensated for exceptional performance, please contact us at your earliest convenience and visit our website at www.firstncc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer